A wrist mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's not April 1st for another 3 weeks :smile:.
I can see at least 1 problem with this; by the time you take one hand off the bars and then take your eyes off the road for the time it takes to adjust the angle to see the traffic, you will have either hit the kerb or run into the back of the bus that stopped in front of you! Much quicker and safer to do what we do just now, and look over your shoulder IMHO.

Reactions: gaz

HovR

Über Member
It's not April 1st for another 3 weeks :smile:.
I can see at least 1 problem with this; by the time you take one hand off the bars and then take your eyes off the road for the time it takes to adjust the angle to see the traffic, you will have either hit the kerb or run into the back of the bus that stopped in front of you! Much quicker and safer to do what we do just now, and look over your shoulder IMHO.

+1

Seems like more effort than just turning your head. If I was going to use a mirror, I'd rather put up with a little bit of vibration on a normal mounted mirror.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
That is just stupid. How are you expected to indicate or use the brakes at junctions when you are too busy confusing motorists with putting your arm up like you are gesticulating at them?

I can see so many cyclists falling off by using it.

Typical Americans. First they steal our language and mess it up, now they are stealing our imaginations with rubbish like this.

And how exactly do they expect to get funding when the US is in a worst crisis than the UK?

jay clock

Massive member
Firstly I have never seen a need for a mirror. It seems to be solely the preserve of Americans to think they need them. However the fundamental weakness seems to be that raising the arm looks like an hand signal of some sort. Plus the fact that the video shows most of them swerving all over the place when looking at it

So for that reason, I am out

Edwards80

Über Member
Not really necessary and a bit clumsy to use by the looks of it. It may result in some unintentional self blindings from the sun when you "shake a can of coffee beans" at someone too ;)

raindog

er.....
LOL
ridiculous

PpPete

Legendary Member
I use a B&M bar end mounted mirror on drop bars - helps keep an eye on other riders in group, and a bit of advance warning of close-passes.
Slightly miss having one on the bullhorns on my "urban" fixed wheel bike - the bar ends are taken up with the reverse action brake levers.
Would I buy one these as an alternative? Er..... let me think about it ... er no ! Epic fail IMO.

Top Bottom