1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AAAGGGHH Mavic spares

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by bianchi1, 5 Jun 2008.

1. bianchi1

bianchi1 Veteran

Does anyone have any idea where i can find the number to order a spare part for my mavic wheel.

I have the address but no number!!

Mavic service centre
    9 camberely bus. centre
    Yorktown ind. estate
    Surrey
    Gu 15 3dp

Help please!!

2. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

I have just looked on the Mavic Service Website and the following document lists the UK service centre contact details:

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/technical_manual/data/docs/themes/2_4.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Jan 2014
  3. OP
    OP
    bianchi1

bianchi1 Veteran

cheers, but if you ring that all you get is " this number has no mail box "
    Thanks anyway.

4. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

I got the login details for the Mavic technical site out of the Chicken Cycles catalogue. Might be worth giving then a call to see if they can help?

http://www.chickencycles.co.uk/

5. OP
    OP
    bianchi1

bianchi1 Veteran

Cheers again!

I found them today as well but they dont deal with the public, only trade.
    I like mavic wheels and they have served we well over the years but when they go wrong nobody wants to touch them! All I want is the bolt that holds the free hub on! Cant find a part number on the web let alone a supplier.
    Will have to go and beg at my LBS. Thing is, why should they waste half their day chasing up a part that will be worth £1 at the most.

6. Proto

Proto Veteran

I've got a complete (but scruffy) Mavic Ksyrium SL rear hub in my shed. Axle complete and in good nick.

I bought it the hub for the Campag freehub, but the hub itself is surplus to requirements. I've taken the Q/R skewer too. I was keeping the remains for the spares potential - axle, bearings, pawls and springs - or might have eBayed it 'as is', but if you have need of the axle I would be prepared to pass it on to you for a few quid.