Abba - should they re-form?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw in int the press that Abba may re-form for a one off gig. One of their number is now saying maybe instead of No to re-forming.

They are all now aged 60-65, should they go for it or leave us with their images frozen in 1980?

Any new songs perhaps? Super Stanna?

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Unless they need the money then no. I once saw The Velvet Underground at Glastonbury. It was like watching a not-very-good cover band ruin your favourite songs.

tyred

Legendary Member
No. It would be successful and make a lot of money but they can't just pick up from where they left off. The magic will be gone.

I prefer to remember them and their music as they were when they first performed it.

On the subject of new songs they might do if they did reform, however...

Thank You For The Pension

Knowing Me, ... What's Your Name Again?

Does Your Grandmother Know?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I don't think that they should re-form. They should be remembered for what they did and when they did it. I don't think thier voices now would do them and the songs justice. On a recent program one of the male members, Bjorn or Benny, can't remember which one said that it was very unlikely as Agnetha didn't want to do any kind of reunion. But, according to this article.............

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10697900

Globalti

Legendary Member
No. Ageing rock stars can't achieve the high notes they could when they were in their 20s and 30s. Have you seen Roger Daltrey trying to sing recently? It's cringe-making.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
No. Ageing rock stars can't achieve the high notes they could when they were in their 20s and 30s. Have you seen Roger Daltrey trying to sing recently? It's cringe-making.

John Anderson can still deliver the goods as can Peter Frampton and Paul Rodgers.

Ian Anderson and Joan Armatrading on the other hand can no longer reach the higher notes and have re-arranged some of their songs. I was disappointed with both of their gigs.

Top Bottom