ABC Towns and Villages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
This is a bit further away ^_^

upload_2019-1-20_18-22-23.png

13 rider

Guru
This is a bit further away ^_^

View attachment 448119
Has that sign been photo shopped to remove the word Newbold :laugh:

burntoutbanger

Veteran
[QUOTE 5508987, member: 9609"]what a lovely photograph in the great balance of light, is it one of these that uses multiple images to achieve good exposure in light and dark patches ?[/QUOTE]

Thank you, just taken with a phone camera. Did take two at the same time (just in case), first one came out very dark.

rugby bloke

Veteran
It was hard fought for today. Set off this morning a little before sunrise on road bike. It was -3C with frost on grass and house roofs but roads dry and ice free. Disaster struck about 40 mins in, a big piece of glass, a puncture, and a valve that snapped. Limped home and got my folding bike out transferring hot chocolate, scotch eggs, and crisps across. Stayed cold but it was glorious in the sun. Temperature dropped rapidly as the sun set and I slowed down wary of water refreezing on lanes. Made it home maybe 45 mins after sunset. Good but long day out.

The next series of letters are fortunately closer to home.

View attachment 448112
Well done for bagging a J - they seem particularly hard to find.

13 rider

Guru
Had a couple of hours to spare yesterday morning do managed to bag E, F and G. F required a raid over the border to Bedfordshire so the net has been cast beyond Northants. Already planning my J which will require a long ride up to Leicestershire.

View attachment 448145

View attachment 448146

View attachment 448147
Leave John o Gaunt only that for us Leicestershire riders :okay:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@User9609 Point of order if I may? I know the challenge is to go A through to Z, but say I go do one ride to get A B and C, do I have to do them A B and then C? Or could I do A C and then B? Reason I ask is if it is A B C then I would have to go through C to get B and then come back again to C :wacko:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
@User9609 Point of order if I may? I know the challenge is to go A through to Z, but say I go do one ride to get A B and C, do I have to do them A B and then C? Or could I do A C and then B? Reason I ask is if it is A B C then I would have to go through C to get B and then come back again to C :wacko:

Good point, I went through B to get A then on to C and back to B. Does it matter?

pjd57

Veteran

Is stockpiling them for later totally outwith the spirit of the challenge...

Asking for a friend

Top Bottom