Accents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Just been looking at the places some of us come from .

And trying to imagine the accent .I love the Scottish accent,the girl on reception at Endura is stunning .The Geordie girls are a treat.And i also like the one i spotted ,the Black Country.So much nicer than my Leeds one .There are some nice ones in Lanky where they roll their 'r's.

We have such a spread .What are your fav's .

dustystreet

a girl with a southern (states) accent

makes me go weak at the knees when i hear it.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Proper Black Country is nice but the chavvy younger accent is nasty (i'm from South Birmingham by the way so not biased).
Geordie can be a bit much, but i love Cheryl Cole's accent, is that South Shields or something ?
A nice female Edinburgh or Fife accent is hard to beat, but go too far up the East Coast and it turns into that weird Peterhead / Aberdeen accent that needs subtitles.

CatherineB

I married a Geordie who sounds like a newsreader... I feel cheated! He's ever so handsome and clever though, so that makes up for it a bit.
I sound like an (American) newsreader myself, unless I'm angry or drunk, then I sound like a Kentucky hillbilly. Which is what I am, really, at heart.

CatherineB

Speaking of Cheryl Cole- this had me laughing for far, far too long: twitter.com/cherylKerl

"Geet news! Mei lacquaz fein cos accordin te L'Oreal's scientists gleurbal wahmin's a leuda rubbish an just made up an that. "

Globalti

Legendary Member
East Lancs as spoken by Fred Dibnah.

Greedo

Geordie girls do it for me. Love when it's not too strong though. Like South Sheilds. Was on a course there once and loved the accent.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Oh, well, if we're going international...
Southern France, and German. I blame the latter on a school teacher when I was an impressionable 14 year old :tongue:

Top Bottom