Accessories and clothing bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

porridge

Rather than talk about doing it, I thought it might be a good idea to actually have a thread where you actually post any bargains, might be an idea to only post the bargains rather than waste time having to sift through reams of debate.

OP
OP
P

porridge

So here goes

rear pannier rack from Tesco

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-4715.aspx

if you add a tesco sim card then its free delivery and you can take the sim card and get a refund on that.

So £6.50 can't be bad

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
porridge said:
At 8am this morning it was for sale, but obviously sold out now.

Indeed - I foolishly mulled the purchase over before looking again after lunch. Still, this way I can buy one from the LBS instead.

OP
OP
P

porridge

John the Monkey said:
Indeed - I foolishly mulled the purchase over before looking again after lunch. Still, this way I can buy one from the LBS instead.

Never mind, but for the life of me I can't understand the obsession with lining the pockets of the LBS, yes for buying a bike, but i've never found anything in an LBS that I can't get elsewhere (and the same quality).

longers

Legendary Member
Today I picked up a pair of EverReady Headtorches from Sainsburys for £1.99.

They're single LED's - not hugely bright, but one was enough to guide me down the alley at the back of my house tonight. Will make a good camping light and a "be seen" bike light. And they're very cheap :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Anyone wanting cheap cycling gear that cant get to Aldi or Lidl for their cycling gear might be worth taking a look at http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/about.asp
I've ordered a few tops from them & they seem better quality then the Aldi tops, certainly a better fit & not a bad price. Some slight seconds in reduced items section which have been fine for me :biggrin:

Noodley

porridge said:
At 8am this morning it was for sale, but obviously sold out now.

The power of this thread no doubt! :biggrin::becool:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
porridge said:
I can't understand the obsession with lining the pockets of the LBS, yes for buying a bike, but i've never found anything in an LBS that I can't get elsewhere (and the same quality).

My LBS looked over the gears on my old bike for me, back when I'd first started commuting (no parts needed, and not much labour other than a quick 5 minute tune up) gratis. They suggested the route I take in to work now (I was doing one on a fairly hairy dual carriageway) After my off (when a bus hit me) they did a thorough check of the frame, and righted the brake lever that had been twisted to the side (tightened up the other one too) again, as well as sympathising and telling their own crash stories, gratis.

I buy a fair bit of stuff from them, but they're never going to rub their hands together and think of closing up early when I walk in.

They're nice blokes, and they're a superb resource for new cyclists & current cyclists in Manchester. I'm not obsessional about it, but if I have to pay a couple of quid more to buy from them rather than the impersonal box shifters elsewhere, I'd sooner line their pockets. They deserve it - and the people starting from where I was last year will benefit from them being there, as I did and do.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Soltydog said:
Anyone wanting cheap cycling gear that cant get to Aldi or Lidl for their cycling gear might be worth taking a look at http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/about.asp
I've ordered a few tops from them & they seem better quality then the Aldi tops, certainly a better fit & not a bad price.
I quite like their bib shorts for the commute - I found the jerseys sized stupidly small, and the material too thin though.

Top Bottom