Accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Hi
At last my cycle2work bike has arrived at Halfords and I pick it up tomorrow. It's the Spezialised Sirrus as recommended on this site.
I will have to buy a few bits to go with it, I've got £180 left on my voucher to do this. I'll get the Gold standard lock @ £35
Do they do any good lights for country lanes at halfords. I'll get one of their helmets and then see whats left to get a pump and mud gaurds etc.
Any suggestions?
Roy

longers

Legendary Member
Toolkit?

bonj2

The Jogger said:
Hi
At last my cycle2work bike has arrived at Halfords and I pick it up tomorrow. It's the Spezialised Sirrus as recommended on this site.
I will have to buy a few bits to go with it, I've got £180 left on my voucher to do this. I'll get the Gold standard lock @ £35
Do they do any good lights for country lanes at halfords. I'll get one of their helmets and then see whats left to get a pump and mud gaurds etc.
Any suggestions?
Roy

In short, no. Halfords only sell lights that will enable you to 'be seen' rather than see in front of you when it's pitch dark. Try ayups or hope lights. You'll need to spend quite a bit to get a light that will enable you to actually see where you're going with.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I git a Topeak Alien multi-tool reduced from there, good bit of kit, they also do Topeak luggage kits which look nice.

Failing that some cleaner, spare tubes, power-links, puncture kits.

RedBike

Spare tubes and a mini-pump.
Gloves, waterproofs, water bottle.
Pannier rack and bags

For country lanes (assuming they're unlit) I would want at least a 10watt halogen / 3watt led + two good rear lights.

Mud-gaurds might look crap but they're definitely worth while if you're going to ride in the wet.

longers

Legendary Member
Mudguards don't look crap on my Sirrus.

roadiewill

zimzum42 said:
Don't get mudgaurds, they'll make a nice looking bike look crap.....
:biggrin:at last someone who thinks my way... though I think mudguards will be compulsory in the winter now that Ive joined a club.

Any recomendations for a 'first time mudguard buyer'????

Maz

Guru
On my Sirrus, I have some slim, close-fitting mudguards made by SKS. Don't know what model they are but they look really nice and are 'in keeping' with the bike.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...
2008_0506Mudflap0002.jpg

2008_0506Mudflap0001.jpg

:tongue:

Top Bottom