Accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
roadiewill said:
:biggrin:at last someone who thinks my way... though I think mudguards will be compulsory in the winter now that Ive joined a club.

Any recomendations for a 'first time mudguard buyer'????

Race blades. Get the Giant ones, they are cheaper and just as good. Takes me about 3 mins to fit them on, after i fitted them on first ofcourse. They also mean your bike doesnt get the old man look with full guards.
There should be a few pictures of my bike with the Giant raceblades on, doesnt make it look too bad. But it would look worse with the front one on.
When it gets sunny and dry though, they have to be taken off, its the law;)

longers

Legendary Member
jashburnham said:
Meh it's a Sirrus - looks crap with or without mudguards... :biggrin: :sad:

Hey! Are you calling my bike a dog? :ohmy:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
longers said:
Hey! Are you calling my bike a dog? :biggrin:

No, it's clearly a cat!

Do think the bike would look better without the mudguards though....

But then again, if you bought a proper bike, you'd probably not bother with the mudguards;)

And yorkshiregoth.... That's horrendous.....

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Well, I think my new bike looks ok with mudguards. Cat refused to pose, though.

My bike

I suppose I could consider taking them off in a dry summer but not much opportunity so far.

John

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Rezillo said:
I suppose I could consider taking them off in a dry summer but not much opportunity so far.

I did a trial and took mine off last month for a week. One week of typical British weather and they went straight back on !!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
roadiewill said:
:biggrin:at last someone who thinks my way... though I think mudguards will be compulsory in the winter now that Ive joined a club.
If you're going to ride near anyone else in the wet, even. In Manchester, the students like to potter around on 'guardless MTBs, and the spray coming up from their rear wheels (even at the speed that allows them to text/talk whilst riding) is very annoying.

Roadiewill - Raceblade type guards are good if you want to be able to remove the guards quickly, but don't provide as much protection from the wet as full guards. A good set of SKS full guards will protect you and your drivetrain more than raceblades (and make you more popular on group rides, as you won't be covering your fellow cyclists in cacky water) but take a bit more effort to remove.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
longers said:
Hey! Are you calling my bike a dog? :ohmy:

As good as it looks, it needs more red on it to pull off those rims;) Get a red seat post in that colour, and red grips and it will look even better.;)

bonj2

Why dont' you strap a fifty pence piece to your head with an elastic band so that the central heptagonal section of the middle of your head doesn't get wet?

Abitrary

bonj said:
Why dont' you strap a fifty pence piece to your head with an elastic band so that the central heptagonal section of the middle of your head doesn't get wet?

But you'd get an occultist tan design in the sunshine?

bonj2

Yorkshireman said:
Depends how thick it is yer plonker (the hair ... not yer head), and worrerbout baldy men?:ohmy:

well i've got a full head of hair, so it's not a problem for me.

Top Bottom