According to Loony Left Labour, Trevor Phillips is a racist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipdiverJohn

Veteran
Just when you thought the Labour Party couldn't get any more bonkers and more totally unelectable than they are already, they prove otherwise, with their latest little stunt. They've suspended Trevor Phillips, a long-standing and well-respected ani-racist campaigner - for essentially daring to call out the fact the paedo grooming gangs up North were comprised largely of Pakistani Muslims. It seems the Ultra-Lefties aren't too happy with Phillips, and the fact he's on record as not voting for Labour last time either, has meant the knives are now out for him. He was interviewed on LBC the other day and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This is Trevor Phillips, FFS, not Tommy Robinson or Nick Griffin!
Now, given the absolute drubbing that Labour just received in December, with places like Bolsover returning Conservative MP's despite the legacy of Thatcher and despite the Miners strike, you'd think getting their act together and at least trying to appear to be a credible political force once more, would be right at the top of their agenda. But no, they'd rather just shoot themselves in the foot yet again, and suspend one of their most respected, and articulate members, because the Loony Left want to declare war on anyone who doesn't share their warped view of the world. I bet the Tories can't believe their luck.
Whoever becomes the next Party Leader has got to try to get to grips with this rabidly intolerant identity politics cult that has taken over the party, and forgotten that winning elections is the important thing. I think it's hilarious, Labour are turning into nothing more than a student bar protest movement.

HMS_Dave

Our political system without credible opposition puts our democracy at risk in my opinion. I have never voted Tory but at the same time I recognise Labour as being unelectable as a whole and that was clearly the case in the General Election, whatever anybody thinks. Labour have to move away from its political arguments under Corbyn and Momentum and get back to Centre-Left politics and anybody other than Starmer is a complete disaster for Labour, Democracy and the Country...

OP
S

SkipdiverJohn

Veteran
anybody other than Starmer is a complete disaster for Labour, Democracy and the Country...
Starmer is a pretty hard leftist as well though! He might not quite be on the deranged lunatic wing of the Party, but he's not what I would call a moderate centre-left candidate either. And remember Nandy wants to let male rapists serve time in women's prisons if they self-indentify as women.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm not sure they know how unelectable they really are. As a working class fella, I cant think of one colleague, friend ,family member and even a former Labour party faithful, lifelong labour supporter and senior trades union officer, people who voted Labour all their lives...who didnt think they've become a laughing stock particually at the last election. It's not all about their Brexit position either, their policies and extreme standing genuinely alarms people. They have lost all credibility ..in my limited world view of course.

tom73

Veteran
Gave up on them years ago. Not one of them is stand out PM material. Nandy sounds to be the only one willing to talk the truth about the mess they are in. So that rules her out of winning as the party faithful don't want to hear how fair they need to go to get even remotely vote winning.

PK99

Legendary Member
I'm not sure they know how unelectable they really are. As a working class fella, I cant think of one colleague, friend ,family member and even a former Labour party faithful, lifelong labour supporter and senior trades union officer, people who voted Labour all their lives...who didnt think they've become a laughing stock particually at the last election. It's not all about their Brexit position either, their policies and extreme standing genuinely alarms people. They have lost all credibility ..in my limited world view of course.
I know a number of lifelong labour voters who walked away when Corbyn became leader.

classic33

Legendary Member
Just when you thought the Labour Party couldn't get any more bonkers and more totally unelectable than they are already, they prove otherwise, with their latest little stunt. They've suspended Trevor Phillips, a long-standing and well-respected ani-racist campaigner - for essentially daring to call out the fact the paedo grooming gangs up North were comprised largely of Pakistani Muslims. It seems the Ultra-Lefties aren't too happy with Phillips, and the fact he's on record as not voting for Labour last time either, has meant the knives are now out for him. He was interviewed on LBC the other day and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This is Trevor Phillips, FFS, not Tommy Robinson or Nick Griffin!
Now, given the absolute drubbing that Labour just received in December, with places like Bolsover returning Conservative MP's despite the legacy of Thatcher and despite the Miners strike, you'd think getting their act together and at least trying to appear to be a credible political force once more, would be right at the top of their agenda. But no, they'd rather just shoot themselves in the foot yet again, and suspend one of their most respected, and articulate members, because the Loony Left want to declare war on anyone who doesn't share their warped view of the world. I bet the Tories can't believe their luck.
Whoever becomes the next Party Leader has got to try to get to grips with this rabidly intolerant identity politics cult that has taken over the party, and forgotten that winning elections is the important thing. I think it's hilarious, Labour are turning into nothing more than a student bar protest movement.
Short of him saying who he's voted for, how are they to know who he voted for?

Aware he said he couldn't vote for labour, but any actual proof of how he voted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom