ACF... it gets weirder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Some folk will remember the night of the long knives and the subsequent cullings, so know the history of ACF.

I was one of the infrequent posters that got culled in the aftermath. No big deal as it wasn't a forum that I felt at one with. Ironically, I probably would have been better suited to the life after but that's another story.

Anyways, a month or so back I re-registered (using my old user name) and was able to post again... or so I thought. I've just discovered I've been culled again! And that within the last few days. Odd indeed.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Are you pursuing some sort of take on the Groucho Marx quip?
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

Chris James

Über Member
yello said:
Some folk will remember the night of the long knives and the subsequent cullings, so know the history of ACF.
Anyways, a month or so back I re-registered (using my old user name) and was able to post again... or so I thought. I've just discovered I've been culled again! And that within the last few days. Odd indeed.

So you were barred from the original ACF? Didn't an offshot called YACF start? Is that still going?

Did the Jesus fixated guy come back to run ACF after his hissy fit?

I can't keep up.

Edit Out of interest I have just looked at the ACF home page and it is stacked full of the sort of poorly written, metaphysical sci fi nerdism that Sam(?) used to come out with, so presumably he banned you again. He probably devotes his life to banning and rebanning people who have slighted him in the past.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Dunno the details of why it all happened Chris and not overly interested tbh. But YACF started up as pretty much a replacement and is going strongly but, again, just not my kind of place. I have got a log in there and have posted but I'd never be a regular.

Just a bit baffled as to why I got deleted (again!) from ACF.

snakehips

Ah , so there was a 'culling' !
I had registered , a couple of years ago. I tried to get back in a few months ago but could not.
It doesn't really look like it's worth going there anyway these days

Snake

It's starting to look like a combination of the Marie Celeste and Moby Dick, with no-one on board but mad Cap'n Ahab, rearranging the deckchairs as he hunts the great white whale of literary purity.

How's that for a grab bag of mixed metaphors! :laugh:

I'm glad it still exists though. The poor chap obviously needs his comfort zone.

Chuffy said:
How's that for a grab bag of mixed metaphors! :laugh:

42-18969349.jpg

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away....

No, someone else will have to tell the tale, I'm off home!

gratts said:
What's ACF, for us less educated members? :laugh:

'tis a forum of a convoluted history, the owner of which managed to alienate half his members, who left and founded YACF. The owner, (Sam), having walked away from his forum, came back and executed all of the other logins he didn't like and so it has run on ever since. That's a very, very potted version from someone who doesn't know the full history.

OP
OP
Y

yello

snakehips said:
As one of the 'culled' I wonder what I did to upset the chap.

I think the answer is nothing. Perhaps you had to have a post count of above x per day, I dunno. But I do think, in the majority of cases, it wasn't personal.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
And it was all because of smileys.

I think ACF is now closed to new registrations and many of the posts have been deleted so it can be moved to a cheaper hosting plan.

Top Bottom