Actioncam Action Video Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I have just ordered an Actioncam Action Video Camera via amazon. Anyone know who actually makes it? I've tried to look at some footage on youtube, but most seem to be showing the product not footage from it or show footage from completely different cameras.

I know this is a cheap camera, but does anyone know it if it's actually any good? I bought one for my nephew who is mad for BMXing at the local skate park, and has a mate who films some of it and thought this might provide an interesting angle for some filming of his tricks and spins etc.

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
I would describe video quality as "adequate".

All my videos are made using one of these. Here's an example.

View: http://youtu.be/AePr6ldbwqQ

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
That seems quite good to me for the price I paid. Although that clip and another one of yours seems to speed up randomly during playback. Is that normal?!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Have a look at my vids (Link is below). I have the camera and I researched it before I bought it.

The actual name for it is an Oregon Scientific ATC2K. The look varies between different suppliers but the quality and specifications are the same in all of them.

The quality of satisfactory for me but if you have the following problems with the sound and picture quality, PM me.

Sound: Terrible with wind and it sounds too sharp. Solution: Stick some selotape over the mic hole on the underneath of the camera (Little rectangular hole on plastic which sticks out).

Picture: If you attach ot to your handlebars, it will wobble about in its mount. Solution: Use the velcro strap provided to tie the camera to the handlbars. This will make the camera secure and not wobble.

http://www.youtube.com/user/monkeysnutscom?feature=guide

Top Bottom