Acts of activism/supprt

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Mmm, no I'm pretty sure lots of people are .. There are lots of people who want to rewrite British history to "prove" all white people are evil.
i've not come across anyone who wants to do that.

I have come across many people who want the whole of our history to be written - not just the bits that make us look good.

Surely that is more honest and truthful ?? More grown up even??

If a little shameful, when we come to realise just how much destructive stuff we have done, alongside the better stuff.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Please Miss, I read one, but don't test me on it.

@winjim took a hit for the team.
C+ with an 'I tried reelly hard' sticker for your spreadsheet .. :okay:

So do you like both types of music then??

dutchguylivingintheuk

From your lse.ac.uk link: ''How did we research this hypothesis? Because UCAN focuses on supporting Hip-Hop artists in Madison, we decided to concentrate our research on the city so that UCAN could use it for their campaign to end local discrimination against the genre. Madison is a city of a bit over 200,000 people, and is home to the State of Wisconsin’s flagship university and the state capitol. It is also a majority white city in an overwhelmingly white and culturally conservative state. The City of Madison is located in Dane County, which has some of the largest Black:white racial disparities in the United States. '' In other words it not a research it is propaganda. The goal is not to have a unbiased outcome the goal is to prove a conclusion they reached above. so they just cherry pick to get the result they want and call it a research..

But i never said it was the music, that what you bunch apparently happens to read, i said it was the culture, you know posing with weapons, drug abuse and pretending it's normal? Why do we got age ratings on about everything relating video, audio etc. if it's all ok? Because you all Damn well know this is as simple as pie, if it was about far right nazi music culture(no idea if that even exist) you would be falling over eachother to claim how bad it is. But just because it's about black culture, with in the Us 89.5% of the killings on black poeple commited by their own people, you people go in all kinds of corners to claim it's not their gangster rap culture...

dutchguylivingintheuk

What about updating it so that it is more accurate and doesn’t shy away from an uncomfortable truth that had been glossed over just because someone would rather that‘s forgotten?
Yeah if they would do that out of the blue you might have a point, but if they do that after statues get vandalized it kind of invalidates your point because the direct implication is that people think it's a response to that terror. There is something to say about the flip side of the person being remembered with a statue, but how do you show that be removing the statue? if you remove something you're not updating it, removing and updating are two different things. You can simply test that out yourself on your device, if you click on ''windows update'' or the update feature of the os you are using, you're updating it, if you type format C: or Wipe all or similar commands you're removing it..

AndyRM

XOXO
From your lse.ac.uk link: ''How did we research this hypothesis? Because UCAN focuses on supporting Hip-Hop artists in Madison, we decided to concentrate our research on the city so that UCAN could use it for their campaign to end local discrimination against the genre. Madison is a city of a bit over 200,000 people, and is home to the State of Wisconsin’s flagship university and the state capitol. It is also a majority white city in an overwhelmingly white and culturally conservative state. The City of Madison is located in Dane County, which has some of the largest Black:white racial disparities in the United States. '' In other words it not a research it is propaganda. The goal is not to have a unbiased outcome the goal is to prove a conclusion they reached above. so they just cherry pick to get the result they want and call it a research..

But i never said it was the music, that what you bunch apparently happens to read, i said it was the culture, you know posing with weapons, drug abuse and pretending it's normal? Why do we got age ratings on about everything relating video, audio etc. if it's all ok? Because you all Damn well know this is as simple as pie, if it was about far right nazi music culture(no idea if that even exist) you would be falling over eachother to claim how bad it is. But just because it's about black culture, with in the Us 89.5% of the killings on black poeple commited by their own people, you people go in all kinds of corners to claim it's not their gangster rap culture...
Yeah, because white people never pose with weapons or take drugs.

Your logic is so flawed it's unreal.

"Far right nazi music culture" is totally a thing by the way. I'm not proud of it, but I've got an album about Hitler on my iPod.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Top Bottom