Addicted!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aiden_23

My name is Aiden_23 and I am a Road Bike-a-holic!!!! I just cant get enough all I seem to be doing is either talking about cycling,actually cycling,buying cycling stuff or on this forum. Done my first 10 mile run tonight in preparation for my first commute on my road bike,could have easily done 10 more I was absolutely flying!!! Some strange thing I found about myself tonight..........I seem to be talking to myself quite a bit when on the bike think Im going crazy!!!!!!:hyper::crazy: Is this normal??? I mainly criticise myself for things I could have done better......loudly,I hope this is the norm????

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I seem to be talking to myself quite a bit when on the bike

The bike is an excellent place to have a conversation with yourself. But I tend not to do it loudly because I can hear my thoughts.;)

Edwards80

Über Member
I think a lot on the bike but not out loud. . . the thing that makes me think I'm losing the plot is that I often end up with 2 lines of a song running on repeat in my head for the entire ride :wacko:

This morning it was "Mama Said" by The Shirelles. . which is completely normal for a 27 year old male :S

Keep yapping though, it's good for you apparently!

Maylian

Veteran
I am always talking to myself on my bike rides, like you it's either to berate myself for mistakes, comment on nice bikes I've just seen or the "scenery". I think it's perfectly normal.

Now my more "quirky" side also sees me singing out loud and also pretending I'm a lighthouse on dark roads with my helmet mounted front light. Although more often than not I pretend that I'm the dark lord Sauron pretending I'm searching the tree line for hobbits, whilst saying "here little hobbits" but I really shouldn't admit that...........

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I am always talking to myself on my bike rides, like you it's either to berate myself for mistakes, comment on nice bikes I've just seen or the "scenery". I think it's perfectly normal.

Now my more "quirky" side also sees me singing out loud and also pretending I'm a lighthouse on dark roads with my helmet mounted front light. Although more often than not I pretend that I'm the dark lord Sauron pretending I'm searching the tree line for hobbits, whilst saying "here little hobbits" but I really shouldn't admit that...........

If you imagine yourself as a lighthouse, do you also bellow like a foghorn on foggy nights?

OP
OP
Aiden_23

Aiden_23

Well saying that I also rant to myself while playing 11-aside football when Im not cycling. I play in Goals and find that it often puts strikers off when they catch you doing so................... I only wish that was the reason I do it!!!!

Col5632

Guru
Your like me, i love cycling that much its about all i think about most days which sounds bad especially when i have a gf :blink:

I think its normal to talk to yourself on the bike, i find myself singing along to my music (not loudly usually) :blush:

Bman

Guru
The other day I found myself humming along to the theme tune of Top Gear!

Explain that! I dont even watch the programme!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Me too I sort of sing to myself on my commute. Also, very often I find myself swearing (in Greek!) at various obstacles. Never aloud, of course :smile:

Cyclist33

Welcome to CA (cyclists anonymous)! I like to "commentate" on my rides, covering my own woeful performance, scenery descriptions, technical analysis of the bike and route options. Talk it up!

Stu

Top Bottom