Adults reading Harry Potter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've read 'em all..... (as have my kids) I love 'em... ;)

yello

I find it a bit baffling myself but what the hell. Not for me but there are worse things in life I guess!

OP
OP
G

Greedo

I take it that is some in joke to all you Potters1

Fnaar said:
so... avada kedavra to Greedo! ;);)xx(;):cry:

Maz

Guru
I'm not even remotely interested in Harry Potter. Neither are my kids. High School Musical, on the other hand...

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Sitting in a house when you have kids I can maybe forgive picking one up and having a read and enjoying it. taking it on the train, bus or sitting in a coffee shop (which prompted this thread) is not right ;) FACT!!!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Greedo said:
I take it that is some in joke to all you Potters1

Avada Kedavra (Killing Curse)
Pronunciation: ah-VAH-dah kuh-DAHV-rah (IPA: /ə.'væ.də kə.'dæv.ɹə/)
Description: causes a bright green flash and a rushing noise; the curse causes instant death to the victim. There is no known counter-curse or blocking spell
;)

galaxy1

I dunno, I like the fantasy/ sci-fi genre. The Harry Potter books are in that genre and are ,I think well written.They probably wouldn't be so popular if they weren't .

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they are well written and I actually like seeing on the news when all the kids queing up to get the next one. I love to see kids reading. I think everyone should but it's just not some peoples bag.

My wife is bright and intelligent and so is my Dad (he's an architect) but neither have read a book for pleasure. Which i find bizarre. Love my films and well made TV dramas etc.. but a book is just really a joy on it's own.

galaxy1 said:
I dunno, I like the fantasy/ sci-fi genre. The Harry Potter books are in that genre and are ,I think well written.They probably wouldn't be so popular if they weren't .

Top Bottom