Advice on upgrading parts and accessories, please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

Gosh... Well I imagine you could get quite a nice 10-speed groupset for the rear, a decent double chainring, the necessary derailleurs and a pair of ergo levers for that money.

Then you'd have, like, gears and that.

That would be gnarly!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
For your Cooper, just because the chain is shot, doesnt mean you will need new chainrings and sprokets. Might be able to save yourself some cash.

But if you are buying some, I'd invest in quality sproket and chainrings, I am not sure about this Token brand, they have a lot of stuff in Evans but I've never met any users. I'd go with Dura-ace sprokets and for the chainring Miche or Sugino.

If you are looking for extra's to spend money on, you will maybe want to replace cables and outers if you are giving them an annual overhaul. Re-tape your handlebars, Check your BB and headset for wear etc.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I envy you, having a budget you're struggling to spend!

Why not spend some of it on your bike and spend the rest on a camping trip, or beer? I would.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Miche Advanced Chainrings are a must. Lurvely.

Deffo quality rear sprocket - e.g. polished - look better longer for a little more. Halo are fine. Had an on-one non-polished that went well scruffy.

Chain KMC less than £15 or Issumi !

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User, If you get to the stage where you change the wheels and selling off the old ones then give us a shout as I have a frame in the shed which is looking for some new gear ta

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Now, call me a clueless idiot, but I struggle to see what that bike does for you that the Cooper doesn't.
It's a nice colour though.
Mind you, I've only got seven bikes, putting me in a rather weak position to talk... :blush:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Can never have too many back-up bikes, certainly.

steviesch

always good to have a few fixed wheel bikes - saves messing about changing sprockets if the knees don't like the higher gear on the new bike - you can save that for the flatter rides...I feel sure yuor other 'alf will understand!!

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
[QUOTE 1425213"]
It's delicately sky-beautiful not unlike a bisexual Adonis.
[/quote]

Nicely put
thumbsup.png

It is a bit bike-curious looking tho!

Top Bottom