After A Bit Of Advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I have a specialized globe comp 2008, i bought it in the last couple of weeks as i had a trek commuter bike before, and for road cycling, i was flat out at 17 mph :smile: But anyway, i have bought this globe, its a very nice bike to ride. But when stopping at traffic lights etc and re-alighning the pedals (turning the pedals backwards) the chain seems to jum of the back and jump down the gear set. So if i was in first, twisted the pedals back about 1 revolution of the crank, i would end up in 4th till i pedal the right way again, then it would be fine. So all the time im going forwards its fine, its just when stationary etc. Ive tryed cleaning the chain etc and re-oiling but still the same. Any ideas?

Regards

Norm

Sounds like your chain is too crossed up to me if that happens when back pedalling.

Do you use the largest cog at the front at the same time as using the largest cog at the rear? Or the smallest cogs at both ends?

I've had that on an old bike, I'm not sure what the solution was but when I re index the gears and screwed in (or was it out :wacko:) the b screw slightly as per you tube guides and it went away. I suppose other things it could be are bent derailleurs or chainring or damaged cassette :wacko:

Top Bottom