after warm socks ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I recently bought some Plashey? socks that are 40% merino and they're noticeably warmer and a lot more comfy than the wooly boolys I wore before

a bit lighter too

Danny

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
I recently bought some Plashey? socks that are 40% merino and they're noticeably warmer and a lot more comfy than the wooly boolys I wore before
BTW what is a wooly booly?

Tynan

Veteran
typo yeah. but the rave warm sock last winter, they're ok but weren't enough for me in a mediocre winter boot over my dodgy circulation toes

Got some wooly boolys from Wiggle a few weeks ago after reading rave reviews - disappointed, they were undersized and shapeless and way overpriced as a result, sent them back.

briank

groundeffect Zig Zags

Much warmer and more comfortable than woolie boolies, even without the sheep in.

Thick though. You may need to get a pair of cheap winter shoes a size larger than usual, whereas the Assos, though not nearly as warm, are beautifully made, very long-lasting and fit in your normal shoes.

mondobongo

Über Member
If you have a Decathlon close they are worth a look, just had some of their winter road socks warm and not too bulky a steal at £5.49. They also had a MTB specific winter sock, not sure what the difference is.

yello

briank said:
groundeffect Zig Zags

I'm thinking seriously about those.

I have woolly boollies and the LewisKit merino ones as well but have found they don't always work, not sure why. I think that whilst merino is warm and a great base layer, it's no good as a wind stopper. If the sock is too warm, and feet sweating, then it is possible that wind chill is freezing the sweat... dunno, it's a theory!

What I want to try is a sock that has some wind block to it. Those Zig Zags have that.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you want to have warm feet, then buy some proper winter boots. Overshooes and socks help too of course, but nowhere near as much as winter boots.

Top Bottom