ah, Im, gutted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bricksmasher

So, after having my trek Hybrid stolen, I invested in some better locks and a better bike, after finishing work I go to my bike to find the frame and wheels, but the entire groupset, handlebars, pedals etc all gone :sad:

Looks like my frame is going on ebay and Im giving up on bikes from now on... so gutted.

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

apologies guys, meant to post in general cycling !

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

Cheers Guys :smile:

After speaking to some guys on here, I decided to keep my Giant frame, I bought this bike http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/dolan-road-bike/89792350

and I am getting the groupset transferred onto my old frame, hopefully it will be money well spend :smile:

I think was a case of working in Cambridge city centre and working long, late shifts... this new bike is staying at home and I'll get a crappy hybrid for work I think

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Insurance!!!!

I pay just over a fiver a month and I'll get a new bike if mine is stolen provided I use one of the locks that my insurers specify.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bad luck bricksmasher!

It strikes me that where you are locking your bikes up is not the best place to do it, and the thieves obviously know where to look when you replace them! I'd look for somewhere else to lock your bike up. Can't you find somewhere to store it indoors at work?

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

am looking into insurance, for sure! I just never though someone taking apart a bike

ColinJ - I agree, I though it would be one of the safer places, near loads of other bikes... work has no bike storage facilities, and no safe ones nearby, shame... but I think its a case of buing a cheap bike for commuting, even with mny Kryptonite Fahgettaboudits it werent safe

diapason

Insurance!!!!

I pay just over a fiver a month and I'll get a new bike if mine is stolen provided I use one of the locks that my insurers specify.

I trust insewerants companies like I trust politicians, but, that sounds a reasonable deal. Can you tell us which company?

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

I think the reason I didnt use an insurance company last time, was all the procedures etc, an as they didnt take the whole bike I doubt I'd have been covered in this case.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i have my hybrid covered under my home insurance (bikes extension on the policy with churchill) they've just forked out £200 for a wheel rebuild and helmet for my off a few weeks ago. just got the wheel back from my LBS. (hit a pothole and screwed the rear wheel up and came off hitting the helmet) might be something worth checking out.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cheers Guys :smile:

After speaking to some guys on here, I decided to keep my Giant frame, I bought this bike http://www.gumtree.c...d-bike/89792350

and I am getting the groupset transferred onto my old frame, hopefully it will be money well spend :smile:

I think was a case of working in Cambridge city centre and working long, late shifts... this new bike is staying at home and I'll get a crappy hybrid for work I think

I hope it all works out :smile:

I never take my nice bike to work and always use an older bike , luckily now after a spate of thefts when last years C2W came out security installed metal fences with gates that are supposedly locked during shift times , i still see very nice bikes locked up with cables i could gnaw through though.

Like others here my bikes are always locked up as it is part of my home insurance deal that they need to be, i get some funny looks at the cake stop on a Sunday when i am the only one locking the bike up .

Top Bottom