AK53 ZWK Silver Nissan Micra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Beware this car as the driver is lethal. Steer clear if you encounter it. A fat, nasty, pasty faced, dark haired woman who is prepared to run cyclists down. If she doesn't succeed first time she will have another go. The car also appears uninsured and no record at DVLA.

dodgy

Report it to the police or it didn't happen - simple.

Glad you're ok.

JamesAC

Crankarm said:
Beware this car as the driver is lethal. Steer clear if you encounter it. A fat, nasty, pasty faced, dark haired woman who is prepared to run cyclists down. If she doesn't succeed first time she will have another go. The car also appears uninsured and no record at DVLA.

What happened?

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
dodgy said:
Report it to the police or it didn't happen - simple.

Glad you're ok.

Why would you write that :wacko:?

BTW I have written an account of what happened I am pretty shook up. My leg and knee is soar where she drove into me - 2nd attempt btw at knocking me down. My road bike has a slightly buckled front wheel where the car's bumper made contact with me and bike as I stood in the road. Forks seem ok. But there were no witnesses as on a rural road, so no point calling plod, as they won't take it seriously and undoubtedly will say it will be my word against hers. When I got my camera out she cleared off sharpish.

I have had enough of coming home thinking I cheated death again.

Yesterday would have been a beautiful ride except for 3 dangerous motons.

Time to give up cycling I think or emigrate :sad:.

I have tea on the go at the mo so might take a while to respond further.

dodgy

I'm saying if you don't report it, then in the eyes of the law it didn't happen. I read your original account, it probably took you a while to write that - possible longer than it would take to report it to the police.

Go and have a bath and a relax, and honestly, I am glad you're ok. There is some bad karma on CycleChat today!

GrasB

Veteran
Report it & make sure you get a crime number. Even if it's just a case of your word against hers if the police get a number of complaints from different people they will act on things.

I had an incident a few years ago when I was badly cut up by someone & reported it. The police did nothing at the time but around 8 months latter I was asked if my statement could be used to demonstrate systematic behaviour.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Glad you are ok, but if you are seriously saying this woman deliberately attempted to run you down twice as your OP implies, then the police must take the matter seriously. It could be regarded as attempted murder. At the very least,you must report it as you have been injured. RTA required, and a serious offence if not reported.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
What ever happened with her driving in to you, the uninsured bit is not your word against hers. She will have little defence for that so any other incident will be given more weight. Report it, you have nothing to lose (except an hour of your life, which is considerably less than the rest of someone else's life)

Mark_Robson

If you report the fact that she rammed you police forensics may be able to get positive test results from her bumper for paint or rubber that should prove that contact was made. It will still be her word against yours but she will need to think of a convincing lie to justify the marks.
I'm glad that your ok though, it must have been a scary experience.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Crankarm said:

Blimey- glad you're OK. Are you able to be more specific on the location of the incident so us local(ish) folks can look out for yet another imbecile in a cage. (Completely understand if you can't of course).

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Crankarm said:
I have had enough of coming home thinking I cheated death again.

Time to give up cycling I think

no...time to buy a head cam.

Glad you're ok Crank, you sound really shaken by this. It would be great to think that if enough people read you're thread and lived locally then action could be taken (by a show of force to the local plod) after all she seems un-insured and registered, both of which deserve investigation upon their own merit...let alon what she has done to you.

Good luck next week

postman

Legendary Member
You must report this .

Just tell them what happened .She left you injured and left the scene .

She may just be a little unhinged and kill someone .

Do her first .Tell the Police .

bauldbairn

Sorry to hear about this Crankarm - hope your okay.

I think you should report this to the Police ASAP - before she kills someone.

Top Bottom