Alcohol guidelines

Do you weekly drink more alcohol than is recommended (14 for women 21 for men)?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
karen.488walker said:
Whilst abstaining for January was wondering how many people regularly drink more than the govt guidelines.

Dunno! What are they?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Quite a lot more. But since they're pretty much plucked out of thin air, that fact in itself doesn't bother me much. I do drink too much though. I'd love to expand, but I'm expected down the boozer...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I thought they tories were going to scrap the guidelines anyway.

jonesy

Guru
marinyork said:
I thought they tories were going to scrap the guidelines anyway.

No, they are going to express them in centi-litres instead, because that makes a huge difference apparently...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Aperitif said:
I would rather drink myself to death than die a statistic.

"Ars longa vita brevis" - Appreciate the brewer's art! :smile:

All Hail to the Ale!

I think half a bottle of red per night plus the occasional scotch, is probably too much, guidelines or not.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
jonesy said:
No, they are going to express them in centi-litres instead, because that makes a huge difference apparently...

Oh I thought they were getting rid of the guidelines but expressing everything on bottles in centilitres as they didn't like the unit for some mystical reason.

Bayerd

Über Member
The guidelines might as well be scrapped as for a couple of reasons-

1) We're all different, our tolerances vary, for some they can sup what ever they want and will never get a poorly liver. My doctor told me that approximately 25% of the population have the gene that means that too much booze over a long period leads to liver problems. The rest are fine.

2) The figures were plucked out of thin air and aren't based on any scientific study.

All that can be said for sure is that regular consumption may lead to health problems. As with the rest of life, it's a typical risk versus reward scenario....

marinyork said:
Oh I thought they were getting rid of the guidelines but expressing everything on bottles in centilitres as they didn't like the unit for some mystical reason.

Ask the powers that be what is written on the back of the wine bottles at the House of Commons, and has been for ages. 75cl I think (never looked :smile:).

The whole thing is a load of baloney which will mean/lead to more money passing from your pocket into that of the "government" - I use the term loosely - in order to pay for the fiasco that is British Politics. Cheating, thieving sods for the most part, with not a care for you or me.
If only 'being in government' meant 'radiating integrity' eh?

Top Bottom