All over London like a rash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Just got back to Singapore after a week's holiday in London.

What's going on?????

Every other bike is a fixie!!!!

And most of them look terrible......

Seriously, if I had to move back to London i think I would have to give up riding my fixie for fear of being seen as a trendy idiot, or maybe I'd only go out on it in full lycra.....

And this all seems to have happened over the past year, when I left it wasn't like this.....

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I dunno Zim, if you like it, ride it, I say. And look forward to the fashionistas all selling theirs at knock down prices when those new fangled 3 speed hubs come into fashion.

yello

I want to see pedal brakes come back into fashion! As a kid, I remember having broadslide (or 'broadie') competitions. Clouds of dust and shingle and great great fun! :becool:

Yes they are, I've got a Sturmey 3 spd coaster on one bike and a Bendix kickback two speed coming from the States which I'm going to build a bike around, love em.

Tharg2007

Veteran
zimzum42 said:
Seriously, if I had to move back to London i think I would have to give up riding my fixie for fear of being seen as a trendy idiot

If you're worried about what others might think of you doesnt that make you the same as the fashion idiots?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Come to Nottingham, only ever seen one when i've been riding my fixed, and 2 others when i've been riding the Giant.
Very rare here:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Tharg2007 said:
If you're worried about what others might think of you doesnt that make you the same as the fashion idiots?

LOL, what a gotcha for Zimmers to deal with!

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I can see the logic, it does make one the same as the trendy idiots.

However, such self-awareness stops you from looking like a tit by doing things such as walking through the supermarket in lycra with a helmet on....

but that does not solve the paradox!

Tharg2007

Veteran
zimzum42 said:
However, such self-awareness stops you from looking like a tit by doing things such as walking through the supermarket in lycra with a helmet on....

but that does not solve the paradox!

isnt that covered by obscenity laws? like walking into a supermarket starkers?

Oddjob62

zimzum42 said:
Seriously, if I had to move back to London i think I would have to give up riding my fixie for fear of being seen as a trendy idiot

Bah i'm a trendy idiot :ohmy:
All i was doing was following Sheldon Brown's advice :rolleyes:
And my fixed gear isn't even finished yet.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
zimzum42 said:
Was that wrong?

Should I not have done that?

I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon...

Top Bottom