Alrighty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrussell

Hi,

How are you all doing ? I am Jon and I found this site from the i bike london blog. Looked pretty good so I have joined.

A bit about myself, I come from Kent originally but now live in London - have been here for nearly 10 years. 5 of which I have been in South West London. I have been cycling since the beginning of February and I absolutely love it to bits. It's kind of a life changing thing for me, I was not very fit, a couple of extra pounds and I hated the gym. Now I have cycling and I have sorted all three of those out.

I have recently done my longest ride yet which was from Sevenoaks to Deal in Kent - 65 miles in just under 5 hours. I loved the whole ride. Bike wise I only have one - a 2010 Scott Sub 20. But I am looking to get a road bike in the next 6 months or so - maybe a Boardman or one of the many Planet X offerings.

Just clocked over 2000 miles this week so very happy about that.

Hope you are all well.

Jon

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Jon and welcome to Cycle Chat. I come from Kent but now live in Kent
thumbsup.png
(well Orpington actually).
Great to hear you have got on your bike and sorted out those weight and fitness problems. There are good few people on here who had the same issues also.
whistling.gif

Well done on your bike ride & your mileage, that's a fair old distance after 5 months, and knowing that area well, it's fair hilly too.

If you would like to log your ride progress, there is a Cycle Chat team on MyCyclingLog. Feel free to join up.

Ian

OP
OP
jdrussell

jdrussell

Nice one Ian. Well my commute is not from Kent though, ha ha. I commute about 8 miles each way every day. I found the 65 miles not as bad as I thought, slight knee pain the day after but no saddle soreness or anything like that.

I'll have a look at that cycling log website.

Top Bottom