Altura Night Vision + Night Vision Evo : Difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSV_Ecosse

Been using an Altura Cropton hi-vis over the top of my PBK Winter team jacket for my commute but now looking to treat myself to a new outer shell jacket.

Looking at the Altura Night Vision and the Night Vision Evo. Apart from the considerable difference in price, is there any major difference between these two models?. I note the Evo has a "removable LED Tab" whatever that is and pockets on the front. Apart from that I can't see what's different about it. Are they made of the same material?.

Also been looking at the Altura Reflex. Any comments on that model, anyone got one?.

Ta. ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've got an evo ... mainly as I wanted it in Pink (and have had 2 previous Night Visions). I would say they seem similar fabric (slightly different to feel) - though they are meant to be different. The LED tab thing is just a small LED light - value probably not that much... I've not got around to using mine in the last 4 months. I do like the hand pockets as opposed to the top chest pocket. The zip pulls are different... and I have to say that I probably find them a little harder to find when I'm moving on the bike, with thick winter gloves on. However if I wanted to I could change that because of the design. But none of the zips tabs have broken (happened on one of the previous coats) and none of the reflective stuff has come off yet - which has also happened on the previous coat.

As I said mine is the girls version and when I laid it over the top of my previous coat - I discovered that it seems to be fractionally larger. I was happy enough with the previous Night Vision, but for me it was about the Pink version's stand out from the crowd power.

I like Night Vision coats as it seems to suit my body shape. So I'm sure I will probably get a new one either next year or the following... I wear mine alot - basically all winter, spring, and autumn, so I'm fairly heavy on it.

trio25

Über Member
I have the evo but have had a previous night vision. I think the evo feels a lot nicer but that might just be me. I got it as it was pink as well!

Top Bottom