Am I a bad person?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

I suspect the answer will be 'yes' however... you know when you approach a pinch point, and move out to primary? And every now and then someone thinks it would be a good idea to try to overtake despite their blatantly being no room?

When I hear the inevitable thunk as they drive over the central reservation, I let out a little cheer.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ahahahaha!!!

I also chuckled when a driver tried one of these parallel turns on me, and drove into the island after I held my line. Being "bad" would have involved stopping to take video, and then emailing the council so they had someone to send the repair bill to.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm waiting for one to do that - had a couple slam on, then filter behind me, but not had someone hit the curb yet - I'd start clapping.............in a 'that was clever' manner....

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I suspected you were a bad'n when we met a few weeks ago.:biggrin:

+Ahahahhahahahah.

Where abouts did that happen then? Winch has plenty of pinch points to test the mettle.

OP
OP
PBancroft

PBancroft

Bollo said:
Where abouts did that happen then? Winch has plenty of pinch points to test the mettle.

This was pretty much right outside the hospital (just before the turn off to St James Lane heading up Romsey Road). It was quite a loud thunk and they turned off immediately down the aforementioned lane and I half expected them to get out and inspect the damage... but they carried on as if nothing had happened.

As an aside, I have changed my commute route slightly based on your post last week. I went in via Port Lane off Hursley this week to avoid the A3090; God that's a beast of a hill going into Oliver's Battery. Fun to go down, but a killer on the way up! As you can tell, still not 100% sure about it as a way in (way out its great), but its another route to add to the mix.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
On a club ride on a main road with those central crossing things on.
Had 2 cars do it, we were singled out in a long line, and there's about 3 central crossing things on this bit of road.
Anyway, one car starts to come past, just clips the central crossing, the car that was right behind him wacked the central crossing, but did keep going.

Idiot:laugh:;)

Although, it wasn't funny, people at the front braked, which meant that there was hard braking down the line, but me and someone else were looking and saw what happened so were far enough back we didn't really need to brake much.

Silly buggers:laugh:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kaipaith said:
This was pretty much right outside the hospital (just before the turn off to St James Lane heading up Romsey Road). It was quite a loud thunk and they turned off immediately down the aforementioned lane and I half expected them to get out and inspect the damage... but they carried on as if nothing had happened.

Nasty bit of road there with the hill and all. Something I try to do at pinch points is give a lingering glance behind as I pull into primary. As well as checking out possible issues, it also gives a following driver opportunity to take in my rugged countenance. Does he really want to enter into a slanging match with that? He usually does not.

OP
OP
PBancroft

PBancroft

Bollo said:
Nasty bit of road there with the hill and all. Something I try to do at pinch points is give a lingering glance behind as I pull into primary. As well as checking out possible issues, it also gives a following driver opportunity to take in my rugged countenance. Does he really want to enter into a slanging match with that? He usually does not.

You have met me.

I don't have a rugged countenance! :rofl:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Kaipaith said:
I suspect the answer will be 'yes' however... you know when you approach a pinch point, and move out to primary? And every now and then someone thinks it would be a good idea to try to overtake despite their blatantly being no room?

When I hear the inevitable thunk as they drive over the central reservation, I let out a little cheer.

I have two really slim pinch gates close to my house outside Bickley station, they are only 6'6'' (or so) apart and are covered in scratches and dents.

One saw a huge Sanyanghangzang (or similar) motor sitting on one side with "BOTH" wheels pointing inwards...and a tiny driver stood at the front scratching his head having shot into the gates thinking they were a standard width.

did find a tiny smile creep over my face (despite once owning one of these huge trucks myself)

Tony B

Had that yesterday, approaching a mini roundabout took up primary and could here a car closing up fast, I held my place and watched as the car go round the roundabout the wrong much to the amusement shock of a car diver watching at one of the junctions :tongue:.

Mr Pig

A few years ago a guy in a Mondeo passed me by driving over the top of a mini-roundabout, one of those ones that's like a cowpat. It was really funny. He wasn't going that fast but the car took off! You want to have heard the crunch as the back end came down. I was laughing about it all the way to work :0)

Top Bottom