Am I being profligate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Patrick Stevens;39414][QUOTE=Mr Phoebus;39389][QUOTE=Patrick Stevens;39384][QUOTE=Arch;39348][QUOTE=bonj;39299][QUOTE=Arch said:
or you've got worms... (not good...)

Ahem...this might encourage bonj to post pictures of his stools. :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Show me a motion tra-la-la-la-la.[/QUOTE]

Look, the last thing we want is bonj posting sh*t. :biggrin::ohmy:[/QUOTE]

well it's the last thing we got ;)[/QUOTE]

Cab

bonj said:
so why aren't i fat then, if it's unhealthy?

Because accruing symptoms that'll become evident in later life doesn't necessarily make you a fatty right now.

Cab

bonj said:
To try and claim I must be unhealthy just because I sometimes eat a pound of meat is ridiculous.

The claim that your diet will do you no good if you almost always eat approaching a pound of meat in one sitting is entirely credible though. I see you're backing further and further away from the statement that you eat a pound of meat per meal.

Somebody wake me up when we're down to a rasher of bacon a fortnight.

bonj2

Arch said:
You've now claimed you eat at least 12oz of meat at 80% of meals if I remember rightly.
Correct.
Arch said:
That's more than 'sometimes eating a pound of meat'
Forgive me for being pedantic, but 'that', as in the quote which I confirm above which is that I eat 12oz of meat at 80% of meals, makes no reference nor implication whatsoever as to how often I eat a pound of meat.

Arch said:
and certainly not recommended as healthy.
For you to make an informed judgement on that, you would have to know how often I eat a 'meal'.

Arch said:
Especially if you're not balancing it with veg and carbs.
I am, I eat veg/carbs at most meals, certainly every day.

bonj2

Cab;39632][QUOTE=bonj said:
so why aren't i fat then, if it's unhealthy?

Because accruing symptoms that'll become evident in later life doesn't necessarily make you a fatty right now.[/QUOTE]

so you reckon i'm suddenly going to become fat due to all the meat I've ever eaten being stored up and all releasing its fat all at once?

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj;40191][quote name= said:
and certainly not recommended as healthy.
For you to make an informed judgement on that, you would have to know how often I eat a 'meal'.

[/quote]

Ah, I get it now. You're one of those boa constrictors that only eats a goat every six months...

Hold on to your hats folks, bonj is about to give us his definition of 'a meal'...

mosschops2

What Chuffy - having eaten all of it??!!

mosschops2

On those rarer occasions when you eat a pound of meat, that would mean:

Chicken: 3 medium chicken breasts. 850 kcal

Beef mince: 2000 kcal

Rump Steak: 1900 kcal

Sirloin Steak: 2800 kcal

Pork Sausages: 3200 kcal

Beef Sausages: 2650 kcal

etc etc!!!

Therefore I'd say that almost purely from a calorific perspective, you should never ever be eating a pound of meat 40% of the time (aka 3 times a week!)

Additionally there are know cancer risks (high risk btw being 200 g per day!!), along with other factors such as constipation, too much saturated fat and cholesterol etc etc............

Top Bottom