Am I....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
...Mad?

Met have issued severe weather conditions up here, possibly up to 90mph winds, we knew about this yesterday but i decided to push my luck and cycle into work, this mornings commute was slightly wet but not overly windy but now the wind is really picking up, might take me longer but is 70-90mph winds just too much to cycle in? :cycle:

Blue

Legendary Member
Yes.

Jezston

Über Member
Depends what the direction of the wind is.

You got a bike computer? GPS? If the wind is behind you I expect to see evidence of your having exceeded 70mph!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Good luck ! I drove a Suzuki Rascal van across the Tay Bridge once just before they closed it for high wind, one of the scariest things i've ever done.

Hope your commute doesnt go over the forth bridge cause its been shut to all traffic :stop:

Thankfully mine doesnt :bicycle:

Nope, I am south of town not too far from IKEA.

Just got home after being let out early.

OK it is windy, but I rode in similar last year. Mind you it expected to pick up a bit over the next few hours, which is why we were told to get out in the first place.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just got home after being let out early.

OK it is windy, but I rode in similar last year. Mind you it expected to pick up a bit over the next few hours, which is why we were told to get out in the first place.

LOL !!

I wish our workplace did similar things , where i work they will keep you working even if your going to get snowed in , i mean what if the next shift cant make it ? they need someone there to keep working ......

Stephen wilby

Yeah my commute home was hard. Slow as hell but 3 times the normal effort. It was like clinbing a steep hill for 5 miles. I enjoyed it though.

Nearly there

Veteran
just now whilst waiting to pick my kids up from school a guy passed on his bike wobbling struggling to control it i also noticed a large mud patch down his back looks like hes fell off at some point

Top Bottom