Amanda Coker,New womans record challenger.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"I've had to block people who leave negative comments on my Strava account" Amanda says. I can't believe anyone would do such a thing.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It is completely bonkers.

Even more bonkers that the majority of the record was going round in loops in the same park. That must take some special mindset.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 4877436, member: 9609"]fastest to quarter million ?[/QUOTE]
It is an amazing achievement but I think to do many more circuits of that park would actually be pretty unhealthy. The thought of her still riding round the park in 10 years time on her way to the million miles record would make me feel sad.

It is an amazing achievement but I think to do many more circuits of that park would actually be pretty unhealthy. The thought of her still riding round the park in 10 years time on her way to the million miles record would make me feel sad.
Did you work out how long that would take or is it a stab on the dark?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Did you work out how long that would take or is it a stab on the dark?
I worked it out in my head! 423 days to do 100,000 miles(!) so if she kept that average speed up she would take 4,230 days to do one million miles. 4,230 days is approximately 11.5 years. Subtract the the year-and-a-bit she has already done and you have about 10 more years!

Obviously she would have to slow down eventually (if nothing else, through injury or illness) so it would take longer than 10 years.

cmiller

A little update on Amanda-
Amanda is now a member of the Twenty20 UCI Women’s Professional/Development Cycling Team!

18ejb9.jpg

Top Bottom