Amstel Gold (Spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfox

Is it being shown anywhere?

redfox

I am but I haven't used it since the Dauphiné Libéré and I cant even remember my user name let alone what flavour of password was in vogue back then! :thumbsdown:

Oh well.

redfox

I found the quality to be fine, but the depth of content frustrating. I subscribed to their premium channel to watch the Dauphiné and was underwhelmed by what was on offer from then on.

I gave up when I found they wanted a further £30, for a different channel, to watch the Vuelta.

yello

Watching it now on French terrestrial TV... at the moment, it's marginally more interesting than watching the pouring rain outside. It looks a quick pace though.

They're up and over the 22% Keutenberg... making it look far too easy!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
1 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre 6.35.29 (39.051 km/h)
2 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team CSC
3 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 0.02
4 Davide Rebellin (Ita) Gerolsteiner
5 Thomas Dekker (Ned) Rabobank 0.06

Not the winner I expected but Steve Austin got close with his prediction of Frank Schleck. Could be the year when Cunego gets back amongst the winners again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Was it just me or was it a bit of a tame race today could be adrenalin overload after Flanders and Roubaix I suppose.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I think that even as spectators we have good days and bad days so what excites us today may not do so tomorrow. This could be the case with you and this race but for me it was OK although I would have thought it was better if one of my favorite riders had won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girofan

mondobongo said:
Was it just me or was it a bit of a tame race today could be adrenalin overload after Flanders and Roubaix I suppose.

A poor 'Classic', always has been. Especially when you consider Armstrong could be up there at the finale of previous editions!
I'd rather watch the Fleche or Ghent-Welvegem, both are more of a classic than this Dutch-dinner!

Mortiroloboy

Keith Oates said:
David Millar seems to be going through a lean patch at the moment, he was well down today at 74th and more than 5 minutes off the front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, 'I support drug free sport':biggrin:

Top Bottom