An open letter to all condescending male chauvinist cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yep I've read the thread, it's a lot like the "helmet debate thread".
They do indeed have something obvious in common.

but "twice a day" every day, really?

Joan: "I went to the cinema twice in one day"
Justin: "Really, you go to cinema twice every day?"

Men, please stop adding "all", "every", "none" to what women are saying here.
  • "males" does not mean "all males"
  • saying that your post doesn't make a valid point does not mean no man can post.
  • "one day" does not mean "every day"

Last edited:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I was not the only one who failed to "understand" your poor choice of words. I can only apologise for a general response caused by your post not being clear.
Interesting definition of 'apologise'.

I don't consider my words poorly chosen. This is what happened:
Someone made a gag about pissing contests, and explicitly included me in it. I ran with it, as did others. The post which set you off on turbo-patronising mode was as certain as it needed to be for the point of the gag, which is 'pretty sure but wouldn't stake the life of a loved one on it, and because it's a diversionary gag and not what we're talking about, it doesn't much matter'. HTH. And when I said I didn't want your advice, I didn't just mean that I wasn't interested in an irrelevant lecture on bladder sizes in males and females - I meant that I have not wanted, needed or solicited your advice or opinion anywhere on the thread, and anyone with a hide thinner than a rhino's could see that from a hundred paces. Which makes your advice and 'clarification' unwanted - and men's unwanted and unsolicited advice to women is precisely the subject of the thread.

Joan: "I went to the cinema twice in one day"
Justin: "Really, you go to cinema twice every day?"

Men, please stop adding "all", "every", "none" to what women are saying here.

• "males" does not mean "all males"
  • saying that your post doesn't make a valid point does not mean no man can post.
  • "one day" does not mean "every day"
Notes:
  1. I do not think adding absolutes is gendered. I only specified "men" because only men were doing it in this thread.
  2. When I say men, I do not mean all men. I just mean the men that are doing the annoying thing specified.

swansonj

Guru

Someone made a gag about pissing contests, and explicitly included me in it. I ran with it, as did others. The post which set you off on turbo-patronising mode was as certain as it needed to be for the point of the gag, which is 'pretty sure but wouldn't stake the life of a loved one on it, and because it's a diversionary gag and not what we're talking about, it doesn't much matter'. HTH. And when I said I didn't want your advice, I didn't just mean that I wasn't interested in an irrelevant lecture on bladder sizes in males and females - I meant that I have not wanted, needed or solicited your advice or opinion anywhere on the thread, and anyone with a hide thinner than a rhino's could see that from a hundred paces. Which makes your advice and 'clarification' unwanted - and men's unwanted and unsolicited advice to women is precisely the subject of the thread.
"Turbo-patronising". Filed for future use.

Your misinterpretation, your tantrum, you are of course entitled to both

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Your misinterpretation, your tantrum, you are of course entitled to both
:laugh: You just cannot stop yourself, can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom