And they said Satire was dead!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:laugh:

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
what about those of us that want the death penalty by leathal injection ? not as punisment or as a deterant but just to 1 keep us (me) safe from killers, and on economic grounds why should £3000.00 a week be spent on keeping insane killers alive but locked up for there lives.
i propose that if we want the death penalty but are not allowed it we should be excempt from paying that portion of out taxes that is spent on keeping the killers alive.
And i belive that haveing sentanced someome to life inprisonment that is cruel and unresaonable to force then to live if they wish to die. give them the choice
at least!

Seigi

Would you have wanted Stefan Kiszko executed by lethal injection then? Perhaps you would have considered him acceptable collateral damage if he had been.

I must have missed that article, it sounds really horrific. This is one of the many reasons that capital punishment is a big no-no in my eyes.

I must have missed that article, it sounds really horrific. This is one of the many reasons that capital punishment is a big no-no in my eyes.

DNA evidence not available at the time has overturned so many guilty verdicts in recent years. You can never reverse a death penalty if you find out later you got it wrong and we've got it wrong enough times that whatever merits people might think it has can never justify the inevitable execution of innocent people that will occur.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Would you have wanted Stefan Kiszko executed by lethal injection then? Perhaps you would have considered him acceptable collateral damage if he had been.

Just down the road from here and I remember it well. I thought that it sounded like a stitch-up at the time. There is much more detail about the case here.

Seigi

Just down the road from here and I remember it well. I thought that it sounded like a stitch-up at the time. There is much more detail about the case here.

Just read through the majority of it and it really gave me the chills at some parts, how it really was "the worst miscarriage of justice of all time". When reading through I noticed there is a dramatisation I think I will watch called "A life for a life"

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Indeed. There does need to be a decent, well presented cycling e-petition (sorry DF, I know you tried with yours but I don't think it quite hit the mark). I'm probably not the right person to write one though.

I've been wracking my brains all weekend to think of something.. trouble is cycling means about 20 different things to each and every individual.

Top Bottom