1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And your salary...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mister Paul, 18 Jun 2008.

?
  1. Student

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Unable to work

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Unemployed

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. <£10k

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. £10-20k

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. £20-30k

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  7. £30-40k

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  8. £40-60k

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  9. >£60k

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. retired

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Don't worry, I'm not in with some marketing firm, I'm just interested.

This on can remain anonymous.

2. simonali

simonali Über Member

Nowhere near as much as a petrol delivery man! ;)

3. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Gross or net?

4. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

5. yenrod

yenrod Guest

>Mister Paul

And again Paul - it would have been good to see who's on what so we can all adjust our replies accordingly ! ;)

6. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

But what are the outgoings?

And I factor in the £1,800 I save on a Season Ticket by commute cycling, thousands of pounds by having a ten year old car and hundreds of pounds by just owning one old fashioned TV etc.

7. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

You may very well be wrong on that count Crockers, my new 40 inch LCD telly has a power rating of just 30 watts in use and 0.3 watts in standby. The one I chucked away had a nominal 350 watts rating. I had the old one for about six years, so if the new one lasts as long then it will have paid for itself many times over. Especially with the massive increases in power costs we have had and which are due to rise again.

8. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

Have to say, I'm a bit of a technophobe. Other half takes care of all that.

I bought my TV from Sainsburys for £85. Knackered now. Next one will be LCD. One of those small ones.

I'm not tight (!). I prefer to spend money on things like membership of sports clubs and museums etc for the kids.

9. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

I think a better thread might be "What are your outgoings?" Simply because someone on 60k a year with 53K outgoings is going to be worse of than someone on 25k with 15k outgoings. Add to that your geographical position in the country, and if you get on with (or even know) your neighbours, it all contributes to quality of life.

10. jassy-x

jassy-x Well-Known Member

....cheers for that domtyler....feel much better about shelling out for my 40 inch LCD now.....couldn't live without it and my Sky+ these days!!!!......

11. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

£13 a week. More if i do an extra round ;) Oh and if the guy is feel generouse then i might get some free sweeties:biggrin:

12. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

My salary isn't as high as it would be if I did my job in the private sector but I do get to play with bikes all day, get ALL my bikes and stuff free....and get young Italian women sent over on work experience:biggrin:

13. Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

This thread makes me feel poor ;) I earn less than most of you by the looks of it. But I deserve more than I get, even if I don't work that hard.

14. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

Hilly, don't you think you've caused enough of a stir on the Italian girls thread, without coming on here and rubbing our noses in it? :laugh:

15. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

There there, have a virtual tenner on me.

[£10]

:biggrin: