Votes: 1 100.0%
  • £40-60k

• >£60k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • retired

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Nowhere near as much as a petrol delivery man! ;)

yenrod

>User

And again Paul - it would have been good to see who's on what so we can all adjust our replies accordingly ! ;)

domtyler

Über Member
User1314 said:
But what are the outgoings?

And I factor in the £1,800 I save on a Season Ticket by commute cycling, thousands of pounds by having a ten year old car and hundreds of pounds by just owning one old fashioned TV etc.

You may very well be wrong on that count Crockers, my new 40 inch LCD telly has a power rating of just 30 watts in use and 0.3 watts in standby. The one I chucked away had a nominal 350 watts rating. I had the old one for about six years, so if the new one lasts as long then it will have paid for itself many times over. Especially with the massive increases in power costs we have had and which are due to rise again.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I think a better thread might be "What are your outgoings?" Simply because someone on 60k a year with 53K outgoings is going to be worse of than someone on 25k with 15k outgoings. Add to that your geographical position in the country, and if you get on with (or even know) your neighbours, it all contributes to quality of life.

jassy-x

domtyler said:
You may very well be wrong on that count Crockers, my new 40 inch LCD telly has a power rating of just 30 watts in use and 0.3 watts in standby. The one I chucked away had a nominal 350 watts rating. I had the old one for about six years, so if the new one lasts as long then it will have paid for itself many times over. Especially with the massive increases in power costs we have had and which are due to rise again.
....cheers for that domtyler....feel much better about shelling out for my 40 inch LCD now.....couldn't live without it and my Sky+ these days!!!!......

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
£13 a week. More if i do an extra round ;) Oh and if the guy is feel generouse then i might get some free sweeties:biggrin:

My salary isn't as high as it would be if I did my job in the private sector but I do get to play with bikes all day, get ALL my bikes and stuff free....and get young Italian women sent over on work experience:biggrin:

Alcdrew

This thread makes me feel poor ;) I earn less than most of you by the looks of it. But I deserve more than I get, even if I don't work that hard.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Hilldodger said:
My salary isn't as high as it would be if I did my job in the private sector but I do get to play with bikes all day, get ALL my bikes and stuff free....and get young Italian women sent over on work experience:biggrin:

Hilly, don't you think you've caused enough of a stir on the Italian girls thread, without coming on here and rubbing our noses in it? :laugh:

domtyler

Über Member
Alcdrew said:
This thread makes me feel poor :laugh: I earn less than most of you by the looks of it. But I deserve more than I get, even if I don't work that hard.

There there, have a virtual tenner on me.

[£10]

:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Joe24 said:
£13 a week. More if i do an extra round :laugh: Oh and if the guy is feel generouse then i might get some free sweeties:biggrin:

I was never so loaded as when I had my paper round - about a fiver a week..... :biggrin::biggrin:

Once you get working, get a property, then you'll be skint !!! :biggrin:

Alcdrew

domtyler said:
There there, have a virtual tenner on me.

[£10]

:biggrin:

Cheers, of to the virtual pub now :laugh:

Opps, see thats why I'm always broke. Got to remember alcohol is not a necessity.

Tetedelacourse

If it were £ per unit of effort made at work, I think I'd figure near the top.

Sadly though I have to rely on others to tell of making huge savings by buying huge TVs.

Age when income was furthest (in a positive way) from outgoings I'd say was around 17!

Top Bottom