Android browsers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'm using a new Android tablet, running the latest OS (Ice-Cream Sandwich). Both the browsers I've tried work oddly when replying to a thread.

Opera Mobile (in general horrible) always opens a new window to reply.
The stock Android browser, set to load the desktop site, doesn't quote the post when I click the "reply" button.

Any suggestions - for solutions or alternative browsers?

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Been fiddling with the updated firefox for the last couple of days and its slightly better, I just find the stock browser better for video.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Using Dolpin HD here works ok except there is no emotions box above the reply box and sometimes you need to click the reply link twice to get it to quote in the repy box.

Also tried:

Stock android browser - laggy when typing replies
Firefox - Cursor jumps around in reply box
Boat Browser - Need to click the reply link a few times to get it to quote in the reply box.
Opera mobile & mini - Problems with replying

Norm

The stock Android browser, set to load the desktop site, doesn't quote the post when I click the "reply" button.
Are you sure about that? When I quote on my Android phone, the text doesn't appear in the reply box until I tap inside the box, then it's all as it should be. If I just clicked "Reply" without clicking in the box, it would appear to be the same as you write.

OP
OP
srw

srw

Quite sure, Norm!
I'll give Dolphin a whirl - the stock browser is quite laggy while typing (I've got an Asus eeeeeeee pad with an attached real keyboard.

(Admin - yes, desktop theme; no tapatalk.)

phil_hg_uk

Quite sure, Norm!
I'll give Dolphin a whirl - the stock browser is quite laggy while typing (I've got an Asus eeeeeeee pad with an attached real keyboard.

(Admin - yes, desktop theme; no tapatalk.)

Thats what i found the site is very laggy when typing using the standard browser it makes it almost impossible to post replies, and i dont really want to be using tapatalk on the tablet.

potsy

Rambler
Trying dolphin for the first time after reading this thread, looks to be better than the stock one so far, will see how I get on over the next few days :addict:

phil_hg_uk

Trying dolphin for the first time after reading this thread, looks to be better than the stock one so far, will see how I get on over the next few days :addict:

Do you get the smilies, insert picture, etc box just above the reply box with dolphin as it is missing on my tablet.

OP
OP
srw

srw

That's odd. On Dolphin I get the grey box, but it's fairly laggy to type and the same lack of content problem is still there. But loading is pretty darned quick.

phil_hg_uk

That's odd. On Dolphin I get the grey box, but it's fairly laggy to type and the same lack of content problem is still there. But loading is pretty darned quick.

If you look in the settings what user agent have you got it set to, i tried setting it to Desktop and the smilies box was there but it was laggy so i now use either iphone or ipad user agent and there is no lag but also no smilies box.

rusky

CC Addict
The problem I have on Android is when I click the quick reply box, the keyboard doesn't appear

Top Bottom