Another android phone question -Samsung this time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rh100

no experience of it myself

had a quick look on the web - the spec looks reasonable I think - it has HSDPA for fast download speed. However - check what version of android is on it - my HTC has 1.6 which does not fully support bluetooth - I think V2 does that.

Also - make sure you get a fixed fee data package - downloading apps will eat up the megabytes ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I got a Desire two weeks ago on Orange via the Carphone Warehouse. Having previously been using phones running S60 (mostly Nokia & my last phone, the Samsung i8510), Android is just fantastic!

The phone itself is sublime - lightning-fast & ultra-responsive touch-screen. I love it!

goo_mason

Great, isn't it?

The only people I've met who have bragged at how much better an iphone is have never seen a Desire once questioned. I haven't found anything lacking on it for me that an iphone has yet.

The guys in the phone shop were blown away by it - they were keen to ditch their iPhones and move to the Desire asap.

Apple must be worried - they're going to introduce 'multi-tasking' on the iPhone after making a big show of saying they didn't need it. :thumbsup:

mangaman

http://www.htc.com/uk/product/desire/overview.html

Comes up well with comparisons with an Iphone -faster for a start, and you can run more than one app at the same time.

It runs on Android is the platform that it runs on, which is also supposed to be very good.

I agree it beats the iphone hands down on usefulness in the real world except for posy "apps"

I was in a pub full of IT professionals (not as bad as it sounds :biggrin:) a while ago and they all used Android. So I shamelessly copied them, and I haven't regretted it. If you use google, Android is your friend - it's the same OS and everything is dead simple.

goo_mason

I find the "SchottGunn" app is more than enough fun for 'blowing away' the iPhone lovers :biggrin:

Jezston

Über Member
Still waiting for someone to come out with a decent Android phone with a useable camera. Last 2 phones I've had have both had a Xenon flash and tolerable picture quality (SE K800i and Nokia N82) but the only smartphone out at the moment with one is the SE Satio which is dreadful with it's ageing symbian OS, lousy battery life, bulky form and UGH resistive screen.

Well, I say someone come out with IN THE UK. Motorola Motoroi has been out in Korea for a while now but no plans to release it over here :tongue:

Did have a Nokia X6 for a little while which despite being underpowered and running a dated OS I actually really liked. Capacative screens do make a BIG difference. Sadly the camera was gash so it went back.

Downward

Guru
Can anyone reccommend an Android Phone on the cheapest Contract possible. I barely use my phone for texts (20 per week) and calls (5 - 10 mins per week) but do spend a good 30 mins per day min E-mailing or on the Internet.

Ta

martint235

Dog on a bike
Can anyone reccommend an Android Phone on the cheapest Contract possible. I barely use my phone for texts (20 per week) and calls (5 - 10 mins per week) but do spend a good 30 mins per day min E-mailing or on the Internet.

Ta

T-Mobile are doing the the T-Mobile Pulse for about £15 a month I think. Have a look at T-Mobile.co.uk. it has a capacitive screen which one of the most important bits in an android phone.

Btw if anyone has an Android phone running 1.5 or 1.6, head over to XDA Developers (just google it) if you're feeling brave. One of the devs over there will almost certainly have cracked a newer ROM for use on your device.

Top Bottom