Another great piece of poetic justice...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just received from one of our correspondents...

He was walking to work this morning, in the road, when some ignorant so-and-so in a car shouted at him to "get off the f**king road". Xxxxx gave him the finger as he carried on. Imagine the unadulterated pleasure when not 20 seconds later, the buffoon mis-timed his cornering and slid sideways off the road into a mini-ditch. So Xxxxx walks up to the guy and asks him, "Like a hand?" And the idiot, now looking really shame-faced, muttered "Would you?" so Xxxxx said "What do you think?" and carried on walking.

:blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Excellent, serves the twunt right

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Seems the fount of human kindness is frozen... so, it's sad world we live in if the consensus is that leaving someone so obviously in need of help is justifiable, even if they were a bit stupid. especially given that the person stopped to ask if help was needed.... to walk on is inexcusable.

Actually, it would have been sweeter if your pal HAD helped the arrogant, impatient and obnoxious motorist out of trouble, knowing that the arrogant etc. motorist's helping of humble pie was growing larger by the second.

Not that I can say I would have done better, mind you.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Archie_tect said:
Seems the fount of human kindness is frozen... so, it's sad world we live in if the consensus is that leaving someone so obviously in need of help is justifiable, even if they were a bit stupid. especially given that the person stopped to ask if help was needed.... to walk on is inexcusable.

There's a number of ways I'd describe such behaviour. Arrogant, selfish, abusive... Stupid isn't one of them.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Archie_tect said:

'a bit stupid'? Well that's one way of looking at yelling obscenities at a man struggling through the snow to get to work. Not my way. I don't have the slightest difficulty 'excusing' him. Personally I feel more inclined to applaud long and loud. (He's a very kind man, in passing. Just has a thing about rude and aggressive scumbags for some reason...)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Each to his own... SW, suppose you had to be there.

I find it hard to understand the need for all this childish name calling and hand gesturing... people need to acquire a bit more maturity and dignity and be willing to forgive and forget... doesn't cost anything to help folk and they might think twice about being abusive or ill-mannered next time. Pass on a bit of goodwill wherever you can, I say. but hey, I'm not a serious cyclist!

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Archie_tect said:
Each to his own... SW, suppose you had to be there.

I didn't. I wasn't.
I find it hard to understand the need for all this childish name calling and hand gesturing... people need to acquire a bit more maturity and dignity and be willing to forgive and forget... doesn't cost anything to help folk and they might think twice about being abusive or ill-mannered next time.

I'm guessing his time in the ditch might have been a good 'think time'.

Pass on a bit of goodwill wherever you can, I say. but hey, I'm not a serious cyclist!

Absolutely. I'm all for passing on goodwill. But not to loud and abusive scumbags - they can kiss my skinny white ass. And if they think I'm going to lend them a hand after they've taken time out of their busy day to make mine worse, they can kiss it again.

You keep working on the sainthood. Me, I'll settle for good old humanity.

ChrisKH

Guru
It's a moot point. But substitute say a child for the driver. If you punish a child in any way it's usually to deprive them of something they want otherwise they never learn that what they did was wrong. You could say that the cyclist was doing just that. In the same position I probably would have given the driver assistance but probably a bit of an ear-bashing as well. I can understand why some would walk away.

Top Bottom