another newbe

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by backinthesaddle, 9 Apr 2010.

1. backinthesaddle

backinthesaddle New Member

Hi :biggrin: currently riding a gt hybrid but the need for speed has taken over . Would love to hear from anyone who has turned to a racer . Been looking at different bikes but cannot decide shall i go for a good frame and not so go mechs or the other way round . oh looking at spending around £500 .thanks

2. postman

postman Legendary Member

A big welcome to you also today .

Your life will never be the same .

Bikes ,bikes ,bikes get saving one is never enough .

3. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Hallo and welcome ;)

4. Bay Runner

Bay Runner Senior Member

Hi and welcome from a Hibrid rider

5. Hello and welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy cycling on a road bike - it's a whole new experience.
    Wrt to recommendations for a new bike, I'll have a rifle thro some back-issues of Cycling Weekly who frequently do reviews of bikes in different price brackets. I'll post you back tomorrow!
    I presume you haven't got the opportunity to acquire a new bike thro a cycle-to-work scheme?

Out side you range but worth looking at is the Boardman road bike for £699 on the Halfords web-site. Good frame (carbob-alu mix) and good groupset (Shimano 105).
    Other favourite web-sites to get a feel for what you can get for your money are wiggle.co.uk, ribble.co.uk, planet X, chainreactions. Look at for previous years (ie: 2008 or 2009) models - sometimes you can pick up a bargain.

Get back to you tomorrow with any results from reviewing the mags.

Welcome aboard!

6. bauldbairn

bauldbairn New Member

Hello and Welcome to CC. :tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice