Another Newby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pershore

Thought I should introduce myself as I have just joined the forum?
Last time I owned a pedal cycle was 43yrs ago! But have purchased another one (used) to give it a try for local journeys. My last one was a Coventry Eagle 5 speed with drop bars. The present one is a Universal All Terrain 12 speed. (Purchased because of the price, not the type). I have been carrying out a few repairs to get it on the road, but hopefully will be riding it next week.
I look forward to learning some hints and tips on the forum as I am well out of touch with pedal cycle thoughts! But have been on two (motorised) wheels in the intervening 43yrs)

Hello and welcome aboard pershore.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Welcome to the world of Cyclechat. I was in a similar position to you a few years ago. I knew nothing of modern machinery. However, a strong warning.......you will find cycling seriously addictive and you will buy more bikes and kit them out with all kinds of shiny bits and pieces. You will kit yourself out with shiny bits and pieces. Then you will post on the forum about all the shiny bits and pieces and enter into discussions of the merits of the bits and pieces..............and so on.

Don't think so?..........We'll see.

Anyhow enjoy yourself and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.:evil:

OP
OP
pershore

pershore

My only concern about modern cycling is the amount of folk wearing Lycra. Whilst I am a fine figure of a man :tongue: it is not the sort of figure that should be displayed clad in Lycra :evil:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Welcome - wear what is comfortable for you, this may require a bit of experimentation. I have 3 pairs of jeans - I can cycle a mile in all three but there is only one pair that I could cycle 20 miles in. You could always try lycra with some shorts on top.

Top Bottom