Another personal best...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
As it was sunny when I got home this evening I thought I would blow the cobwebs out on my favourite 10 mile (ish) round trip.

Set off and pootled gently to the end of the road and then got a bit carried away (yes I know I should have warmed up properly
whistling.gif
)

5 miles came up in 15:17
ohmy.gif

Round the roundabout at Hurn village and then I realised why I had averaged almost 20mph despite 3 sets of traffic lights and 2 roundabouts, and rush hour traffic... it was a little breezy ! The 5 miles back took 18:55 and was bloody hard work, but my legs held up, despite my 50 miler yesterday.

Average speed over the 10.89 miles was 16.9mph, which is a record for me on that ride.
Going to have another go tomorrow night... That 20mph average is calling me.

(I did cool down gently afterwards and did lots of stretches - will warm up properly tomorrow as I will be riding to work and back so will head out as soon as I get home.)

Garz

Squat Member
Nice.

Always good to blast in a PB before realising the tailwind has propelled you bringing you done from the superman plinth!
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Nice.

Always good to blast in a PB before realising the tailwind has propelled you bringing you done from the superman plinth!
biggrin.gif

But totally gutting when you realise that it's still only half the pace of a TdF rider on the last lap of the Champs-Elysees
angry.gif

Garz

Squat Member
Yeah, c'est la vie though mate. I guess going to bed starving, riding 4+ hours daily training and having transfusions is somewhat enviable. :laugh:

Top Bottom