Another saddle posting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm looking for recommendations for a new saddle for my road bike.

I'm a big built bloke, 6'5" 17.5 stone :smile:& cant seem to find a comfy saddle. On my hybrid i have a std B17 which has been fine from day 1 & never given me grief, but dont fancy one on my road bike.
My road bike came with a spesh alias 143 which was a nightmare, changed to an alias 155 which is better, but after 50 miles starts causing probs. I tried a B17 narrow, but that was worse than the alias 155, so that's back on the bike at present. Any other larger riders got any recommendations on what to try next?

TIA

Why don't you want the Brooks on your road bike? Is it the aesthetics?
If it's comfortable, then I certainly don't think Brooks look out of place.
And maybe get a black one, if you want to colour-coordinate (black goes with anything).

:smile:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm not sure it would look right, but also the hybrid is a more upright position than the road bike, so not sure the B17 would be comfy on the road bike. Might give it a try this weekend.

peanut

what about a Selle San Marco Regal or Rolls they are both classic saddles and are still popular today with racers. Boonhan for one uses them and there is another peleton rider that does.
I am 6 foot and 17stone and I have used an Specialized Enduro saddle with an `orange' label the past year and it is brilliant.
I have looked all over the internet for another to fit to my new bike but not found one so I am ordering a San Marco Regal this w/e
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/San-Marco-Rol...hash=item260260179911&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Joe

Über Member
I would say the San Marco Rolls is worth a shot. I used to use a B17 on my mountain bike (that was used for commuting) but when I switched to road bikes I couldn't get comfy with it due to being a lot less upright. I switched to an Arione on my racer and a Rolls on my slightly less aggressive commuter. Both are excellent and the Rolls is cheap!

ratty2k

SDG bel air has got to be worth a try, not too expensive either. My fave saddle at the moment is my On-One big nose- quite narrow but probably the comfiest saddle I've used, I bought mine for a tenner brand new (from on-one) But saddles are such personal items its hard to recommend one as you may not like it.

Top Bottom