Another thing that really annoys me...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

See those stupid adverts for stuff for women to put on their faces so that they can slow (or even turn back) the relentless march of time?

Anyway, my Mrs. says "Why can't I look like that?"

"'Cos the girls in the fecking adverts are 15 years fecking old!":angry:

Dave5N

Über Member
Cheaper to get a younger bird in the long run.

FFS

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
The older girls have all been photoshopped into an alien like being as it is anyway. Those ads are a lie and women just dont see it. They also think men will only like them if they wear a mask. ;) They really bite at the ankles of women's fears and prejudices.

I knew a guy who used to work on the billboard photo ads. He'd tell of the lengths he had to go to just to airbrush and change photos, even changing physical attributes of the woman photo'd. He said it was disgusting

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
downfader said:
The older girls have all been photoshopped into an alien like being as it is anyway. Those ads are a lie and women just dont see it. They also think men will only like them if they wear a mask. ;) They really bite at the ankles of women's fears and prejudices.

I knew a guy who used to work on the billboard photo ads. He'd tell of the lengths he had to go to just to airbrush and change photos, even changing physical attributes of the woman photo'd. He said it was disgusting

Sad isn't it the beauty industry is so er, shall we say dumb!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
it's interesting to see old pop videos or top of the pops to see how "normal" looking the female singers/band members used to be.

girls could easily emulate the look with the right choice of clothing. now they need to spend hours down a gym, eat only celery and spend stupid amounts on shoes and a handbag.

it's an interesting side of human nature, that we have to be sheep, following someone else's look, or trying to conform to what's 'fashionable'. it's not just the ladies either, chaps are just as guilty, although it tends to show itself in different ways and at a later age. mid life crisis anyone?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Is it Andi McWotsit, does ads for... can't remember the brand (shows how well it works on me) - the 'you're worth it' tagline one... anyway, she always looks like my Mum does when she disapproves of something on telly - sort of tight lipped....

I guess the men's equivalent is those razors with 87 blades and a gel lubricant strip, and a 'shaping blade' in the other end. Guaranteed to turn any slightly podgy bloke going thin on top into a greek god (and personally, I'd probably prefer him a little podgy and thin on top, if he just had a nice sense of humour...)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Arch said:
Is it Andi McWotsit, does ads for... can't remember the brand (shows how well it works on me) - the 'you're worth it' tagline one... anyway, she always looks like my Mum does when she disapproves of something on telly - sort of tight lipped....

I guess the men's equivalent is those razors with 87 blades and a gel lubricant strip, and a 'shaping blade' in the other end. Guaranteed to turn any slightly podgy bloke going thin on top into a greek god (and personally, I'd probably prefer him a little podgy and thin on top, if he just had a nice sense of humour...)

Not just the razor ads now though is it... its the deodd-errant sprays too LOL!

My mate at work asked me if I had any spray as he'd run out. When I told him I never use the stuff he went "..but what do you do about the smell???"

"Have you ever smelt BO on me then?"

"No. Actually!?"

Its a waste of money. Just have a wash, lol!

Then theres the mens moisturisers... they make me laugh, and as Sean locke said on QI a few weeks back they're all "PROTECTOR X!!" and "BULLET GUARD" this. :blush:

I love (loath and detest) the scientificky animations which accompany all such products almost as much as the weasely claims 'Our research (a poll of 32 face cream industry professionals) suggests that product X 'may' 'help to' 'replenish' the 'appearance of......' And the made up words too, though none is as bad as Oakley in this particular dept.

Arch said:

L'Oreal - because your worth it.

Top Bottom