Another +ve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There's bound to be a few, however much cleaner the sport gets. It shows the testing is working.

Keith Oates

Janner
He's been caught and it has been reported to the press, that shows the testing is working but for all that I'm suprised after all of the talk about extra tests etc. that some are apparently still trying to gain a little from the syringe or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Non negative test, why not just say positive ? Honesty when are these riders going to learn.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What I don't understand is are these blokes just taking a chance that they won't be random tested or have they just screwed up on the timing of how long is safe.
If it's the former then they're incredibly naive or stupid but if it's the latter then doping could still be widespread but they know when to stop before the race.

It was depressing to read the other day that 4 or 5 of the Poruguese youth cycling to team were suspended for doping. I can't find the link to it on cyclingnews.

girofan

What I don't understand is why Prudhomme does not kick out the teams these riders belong to. If the teamates of the drug user were also stopped from riding in the race, surely there would be peer pressure on riders not to dope as it would hit their team colleagues in the pocket, where it hurts a rider most.
Or is that too much like common sense? Something which has been lacking in the sport for twenty years.

Smeggers

If riders are still doping in todays day and age, all it proves is it must still be possible to get away with it?

Noodley

Still, looks like he likes a drink eh? :laugh:

Flying_Monkey said:
There's bound to be a few, however much cleaner the sport gets. It shows the testing is working.
Oh please, that line is so old it went to school with the Pelissier brothers...:biggrin:
We have to assume that the ones who get caught are just the tip of the iceberg. All that this test and the others prove is that the iceberg is still there.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
Oh please, that line is so old it went to school with the Pelissier brothers...:biggrin:
We have to assume that the ones who get caught are just the tip of the iceberg. All that this test and the others prove is that the iceberg is still there.

That was my point earlier but I suppose the only hope is that 2 of the targetted 10 have been caught so maybe the pre-testing has worked.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Vandevelde is performing unusually well.
Didn't he used to be a teammate of LA?:biggrin:

Wonder if he's 1 in 10?

rich p said:
That was my point earlier but I suppose the only hope is that 2 of the targetted 10 have been caught so maybe the pre-testing has worked.
Ah, yes. I just groan to myself when someone trots out that line about it proving that the testing is working as if it was something to be pleased about...

rich p said:
if it's the latter then doping could still be widespread but they know when to stop before the race.
I've just been reading the Pantani biography (Rendell, not Ronchi). Very good, but very depressing. It was interesting to read that even with minimal notice of testing (a few tens of minutes) riders could re-hydrate and lower their haematocrit level to below 50%. As has been said many times, the cheats (plus their doctors and support staff) will always be one step ahead, so who knows what they're up to these days....:tongue:

Top Bottom