Another what hybrid question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Sorry to post another what bike thread but I've narrowed my search down as far as I can and I'm just looking for opinions.

I'm looking for a hybrid/trecking bike for riding mainly as a rural commuter but with the scope to take on a b&b style tour (and maybe later a camping one) as I'll be riding the Hadrian's Cycleway in June.

I probably can't spend more than about £350 so I've had a look at a few bikes and come up with these 3: -

Claud Butler Classic
Dawes Mojave
Dawes Discovery 201eq

I like the idea of the double wall rims on the CB, but the specs look reasonably similar. Any views?

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Sorry to post another what bike thread but I've narrowed my search down as far as I can and I'm just looking for opinions.

I'm looking for a hybrid/trecking bike for riding mainly as a rural commuter but with the scope to take on a b&b style tour (and maybe later a camping one) as I'll be riding the Hadrian's Cycleway in June.

I probably can't spend more than about £350 so I've had a look at a few bikes and come up with these 3: -

Claud Butler Classic
Dawes Mojave
Dawes Discovery 201eq

I like the idea of the double wall rims on the CB, but the specs look reasonably similar. Any views?

sagefly

Veteran
Go for a Giant either CRS or Expression, you will get a CRS 4 for less than your budget and won't go too wrong with that. The Expression is less expensive a bit heavier and lower spec components.

There are specials on if you shop abot that could save your more.

There is nearly £300 off a CRS1 at a cyclesurgery branch, if it was the right size frame I'd have bitten there hand off!!

sagefly

Veteran
Go for a Giant either CRS or Expression, you will get a CRS 4 for less than your budget and won't go too wrong with that. The Expression is less expensive a bit heavier and lower spec components.

There is nearly £300 off a CRS1 at a cyclesurgery branch, if it was the right size frame I'd have bitten there hand off!!

sagefly

Veteran

Ivan Ardon

The three you've looked at are all very similar, I'd get the cheapest one that fits you. But I'd also be looking at this for £199 which is also very similar.

Ivan Ardon

The three you've looked at are all very similar, I'd get the cheapest one that fits you. But I'd also be looking at this for £199 which is also very similar.

Ivan Ardon

sagefly

Veteran
Looks a bargain!!

Top Bottom