Anti Theft Presta Valve Caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On my bikes with Schrader valves I have some of these but my single speed has very deep rims so I need to have Presta valves (with extra long stems).

Is there an anti-theft valve cap for Presta valves?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Yes, sling the useless things in the bin and you won't have to worry about them being nicked.

On my bikes with Schrader valves I have some of these but my single speed has very deep rims so I need to have Presta valves (with extra long stems).

Is there an anti-theft valve cap for Presta valves?

As mentioned already. Just throw the caps away. If you never use them no one's going to nick 'em.

And who nick's valve caps????? Is there a huge second hand market in them?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1565194"]
Would advise against it. With the winter coming up, the salt and cold can attack the valve which in turn can be a right PITA to undo. I had to use pliers to undo mine when I had to pump up the tyres.
[/quote]
Never used a valve cap in my life, never had a problem.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i once had to undo mine with pliers coz it had got stuck. not sure why, might have been dust or salt, but

A... i'm not gonna pump my tires up on the side of the road unless changing my tube.. new tube = new valve;

B... if i'm at home, i've got pliers if the valve gets stuck.

so for all the fuss it's worth, i wouldn't worry about it if they went missing. just a gimmick and waste of money.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
As mentioned already. Just throw the caps away. If you never use them no one's going to nick 'em.

And who nick's valve caps????? Is there a huge second hand market in them?

Neither you nor Smokin Joe park your bikes outside Salford's pubs or railway stations very often then.

I don't want to throw them away - I want them impossible to remove by unauthorised f*ckwits

thanks

Neither you nor Smokin Joe park your bikes outside Salford's pubs or railway stations very often then.

I don't want to throw them away - I want them impossible to remove by unauthorised f*ckwits

thanks

Never had the pleasure and if you're looking to dissuade f*ckwits from letting your tyres down then I understand your need to lockable valve caps.

Top Bottom