Any advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your swearing is perfectly understandable. You had a shock and reacted to it. That is NO excuse for what he then did. Totally, totally out of order.

Do you have any witnesses to the original incident? I assume you have witnesses for when he pushed you?
I would probably not report it to the police. I would be surprised if they would do anything, (although I could be wrong depending on the witnesses you have).

I suppose, how far you take this depends on the incident itself, how much it affected you, and how much of a danger you think this chap poses in the future, to you and others.

Maz

Guru
User1314 said:
He then proceeded to park up on the left a few yards further on outside a Fish Shop.
Seems like a good plaice to park up.(sorry).

Was the ambulance on an emergency call-out? You don't mention that.

domtyler

Über Member
Reacting orally to a few tonnes of metal being driven at you is nothing to apologise for, no one could hold that against you. Wouldn't bother with the police, just tell them that you don't want anyone to get into trouble but equally you don't think that it is acceptable in any way, shape or form for ambulance drivers to be threatening other road users with violence.

domtyler

Über Member
Maz said:
Seems like a good plaice to park up.(sorry).

Was the ambulance on an emergency call-out? You don't mention that.

I would be shocked if an ambulance driver answering an emergency call stopped for a fight and fish and chips on the way Maz!

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:
I would be shocked if an ambulance driver answering an emergency call stopped for a fight and fish and chips on the way Maz!
Mate, what if 2 fish got battered in the shop? They'd need an ambulance.

PBancroft

Personally wouldn't report it to the Police from what you describe. I would most certainly carry on with the complaint to the London Ambulance Service.

However... I would be tempted to ask them why it concerns them if you have reported it to the Police or not. You are letting them know about the actions of the driver in an amublance being wholly unsatisfactory. You are letting the Police know about physical and verbal assualt. Push them to take up the complaint, and be loud.

Top Bottom