any army/ex army peeps here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

02GF74

Über Member
re: Iraq. From how I understand it, mainly from the BBC lunchtime news, the British Army is pulling out after having trained the locals.

My question is, how does this training compare to how British forces are trained? As surely you, well I for sure, wouldn't train someone as well as your own folks in case they turn against you.

Maz

Guru
02GF74 said:
As surely you, well I for sure, wouldn't train someone as well as your own folks in case they turn against you.
Why else do you think we're pulling the hell out?

Noodley

Oh Christ here we go again. Once a Moron Always a Moron, etc...

You do realise what you've done don't you? Opened the gate to stories of when "me and Jonesy got so pissed..." and "of course there was only two of us against the entire Argie army..."

Don't think I'll come back to this one.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oh right, who am I thinking of then?

Chrisz said:

Chrisz

Über Member
ianrauk said:
Oh right, who am I thinking of then?

Sorry mate - being a little sarkey :tongue: Never Army, but was in Royal Marines.

As to your original post - generally most training is to the same standard as our lads but they are unlikely to have the same ethos or values to back it up. Hope that answers your question.

Now stand by for a mob of lefties to come pooring scorn on the Army etc. :tongue:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
One important aspect to remember is that the technical training is vital as a follow up to all the shiny new guns we sell them. Not only are we doing good but we're ticking off the aftersales care and training requirements as well. I'd imagine the army probably do too honest a job in this respect, the arms manufacturers would probably rather they didn't. More re-sale and renewal options if the users make setup errors and miss targets etc.

Maz

Guru
User76 said:
I reckon given an SLR or an SA80 I could fire, strip, clean and re-assemble and fire again like clockwork.
Yeah, I've got one of those cameras, too.

Top Bottom