Any bents on Merseyside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Just back from physio and it seems that the health probs I have ( see self obsessed post on "Cafe") might be spinal/ nerve related and maybe long term. If this proves to be the case then a recumbent might be the way forward cos there's no way I'm going to stop riding even if I can only manage very short runs . Its all new territory for me and I know I'm asking a lot, but is there anyone within 50miles of Liverpool that would be kind enough to let me come see one is the flesh ( so to speak) for 1/2 hour or so. I have no idea what would be best for me and there are no dealers around here, so this is a first tentative toe in the water.Many many thanks in advance if you would be kind enough to help.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bobg said:
Just back from physio and it seems that the health probs I have ( see self obsessed post on "Cafe") might be spinal/ nerve related and maybe long term. If this proves to be the case then a recumbent might be the way forward cos there's no way I'm going to stop riding even if I can only manage very short runs . Its all new territory for me and I know I'm asking a lot, but is there anyone within 50miles of Liverpool that would be kind enough to let me come see one is the flesh ( so to speak) for 1/2 hour or so. I have no idea what would be best for me and there are no dealers around here, so this is a first tentative toe in the water.Many many thanks in advance if you would be kind enough to help.

It might be worth putting this enquiry up on the Velovision forum too, as there are a high ratio of recumbent users there (although only a fraction of the number of members). Click my sig to go to the VV website.

bobg said:

Bad news Bob but at least you may have an answer to the problems you've been having which is always a start. Fingers crossed for you.

Don't know about the recumbent dealers but if you get one can I nip around and have a go :biggrin:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Thanks Crackle and Arch, I discovered a bloke in Southportwho imports them from Holland and he's promised to let me have a go on one. They're "Rainbow", never heard of 'em but its worth a look.
BTW Arch , this is my monthly progress check, how's the Uke playing going...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Oh and you sure can Crackle, I'll even ride it over when I get my free Merseyrial travel pass next week :rolleyes: If my legs dont get sorted maybe a pony/trike combination might work...

Arch

Married to Night Train
bobg said:
Thanks Crackle and Arch, I discovered a bloke in Southportwho imports them from Holland and he's promised to let me have a go on one. They're "Rainbow", never heard of 'em but its worth a look.
BTW Arch , this is my monthly progress check, how's the Uke playing going...:smile:

Oh, god, Rainbow, yes, why didn't I think of them!

Well, thank you. I think so anyway. I've made a point of practising a bit pretty much everyday (just missed one or two due to getting in late). My basic chord changes are getting pretty reliable, and I've developed a thumb strumming technique, which while not technically accomplished, gives me more or less the result I want, in a rather improvised way. I should work more on learning strumming properly, and haven't got round to getting a felt pick yet, but I will. And I should probably expand my chord repertoire now.

Trouble is, I enjoy what I do now, so the incentive to struggle with something harder isn't there... On the other hand, if I feel I've mastered a stage, that's the time to push on a bit more...

UKBLUESMAN

Re bent bike

Theres a place by the docks called cyclingsolutions,Unit 101 Century Building,Brunswick Business Park ,L3 4BL.Tele-0151 234 9484.They've got a couple of bents,they let me try them ,so you should be okay.

Top Bottom