Any Electricians in CC land

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Advice needed.

I have a new house (just over 3 years old) The lights went off in my Kitchen and adjacent Dining room the other day. All bulbs are ok and nothing has tripped on the consumer board. All other lights in the house are ok along with all sockets etc.
I have not had any work done recently that would affect any electrics.

Any ideas?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Possibly a loose connection in the last working light in the lighting circuit or the first non working one.
Or a loose connection in the consumer unit and all those lights are on their own circuit.

OP
OP
addictfreak
Possibly a loose connection in the last working light in the lighting circuit or the first non working one.
Or a loose connection in the consumer unit and all those lights are on their own circuit.

I have checked light fittings for loose wires, but will have another look tomorrow in the daylight.

On the consumer board the downstairs lights are on the same fuse, so if it was a loose connection in there all the downstairs lights would be off?

OP
OP
addictfreak

Thats what I thought so one thing ruled out.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You could try looking inside the ceiling roses etc (if you can get at them) and then tighten the screw terminals of each conductor. Trip the circuit breaker first, of course.

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw that you have already tried that.

OP
OP
addictfreak
You could try looking inside the ceiling roses etc (if you can get at them) and then tighten the screw terminals of each conductor. Trip the circuit breaker first, of course.

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw that you have already tried that.

No probs Im grateful for any help, I will be checking connections again in the morning.

Top Bottom