Any good.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Did they kill many horses this year?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
MINE WON!!!!!!

I put a pound on it via betfair (well, the husband did on my behalf) but he failed to press the 'confirm' button so our bet didn't qualify. I'm £100 worse off.

But to be honest, I don't really gamble, I'm still buzzing from the excitement about my horse winning!!

domd1979

Veteran
?

Difference is the cyclist has a free choice on whether to cycle or not. Arguably a horse doesn't have a choice to race or not.

Gerry Attrick said:
Many cyclists are killed each year on the roads, but they died doing something they enjoyed.

TVC

domd1979 said:
At least one, though its difficult to tell because the news coverage tries to conveniently sweep this aspect of horse racing under the carpet.

I know 2 were killed on Thursday, I didn't look to see what happened yesterday.

I just think it is too high a price to pay in the name of entertainment. I've never bought the excuse that they enjoy it either, simply coercion, conditioning and a heard instinct forces them round.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
We have one in the house. We pick 4 horses and see how we go.
I failed badly.
The mad man i spoke to this morning gave me the tip of 'Go Balistic' while telling me some other stuff i didnt understand.
He also told me he had 6000 horses, and that Nottingham is a big estate, bigger then America.
I like him, he never blinks though:wacko:

Top Bottom