Any moth experts on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
I'm not a squeamish man at all, or one given to irrational fears, but moths scare the bejaysus out of me.

The first half of your sentence is at odds with the second half. It is irrational to be scared of moths.

Last edited:
Me too, the only thing that gives me the creeps. Couple of weeks back early evening I was chatting to one of the waste guys at work, something landed on his wheelie bin between us. Both of us thought it was bird at first, must have been 7-9" in width, I took a closer look...............and bolted..........ruined my weekend, I googled it up and couldn't stop thinking about it. D.i.s.g.u.s.t.i.n.g.

View attachment 363127
Oh good god:eek::eek:

Your wouldn`t see my backside for dust if that thing came within 100 miles of me:ph34r:

[QUOTE 4890681, member: 9609"]why would anyone be scared of a moth ?
as far as I know they don't bite. I have often caught them with my hands in the house and released them outside. they're a bit more flappy that butterflies but other than that there is not a great differance, very beautiful if you get a close look at them.[/QUOTE]
I`m not worried about them being biting or not, they (to me) are creepy

theclaud

Openly Marxist
For those that find them creepy... I've got a picture somewhere of an Elephant Hawk Moth sitting on my nose. You're lucky that I can't remember where it is. Most hawk moths are rather docile in the daytime. In order to see the 'eyes' of the Eyed Hawk Moth, you have to go out of your way to annoy it.

For those that find them creepy... I've got a picture somewhere of an Elephant Hawk Moth sitting on my nose. You're lucky that I can't remember where it is. Most hawk moths are rather docile in the daytime. In order to see the 'eyes' of the Eyed Hawk Moth, you have to go out of your way to annoy it.
I have a pic somewhere (probably also for the best that I can't find it) of one on Mr Hop's jeans in the fly area :biggrin:

Top Bottom