England : Kent any one fancy a shortish group ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
thanks chaps! thoroughly enjoyed today :biggrin:
hope you achieve your 100 miles alright!
now after lunch comes a nice cleaning session and a general mechanical check , maybe some gear tuning! :sad:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
will have to organize another at some point (so long as you don't think i am a noob on a cr*p bike holding you lot up!)
with a bottle cage and hopefully a more true rear wheel and a better tuned rear mech!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Well done,Ed. Organising any ride is awkward. '100' is just a number, not a reflection of enjoyment. (Unless you promised me 100 beers of course!)
yep i am sure i will be doing imperial centuries by 2015
i managed about 46 miles today broken up into
30 miles with 3 chaps off here (above mentioned!) go home to chill out and post on here a bit and then have lunch and then give bike a really good clean and adjust brakes and file brake pads etc and then have a cup of coffee and some cake and then do a bit more fettling and then finish it off with a nice 16 miler! :biggrin: so a imperial century should take me about 8 or 8:30 hours in the saddle
Cheers Ed

martint235

Dog on a bike
yep i am sure i will be doing imperial centuries by 2015
i managed about 46 miles today broken up into
30 miles with 3 chaps off here (above mentioned!) go home to chill out and post on here a bit and then have lunch and then give bike a really good clean and adjust brakes and file brake pads etc and then have a cup of coffee and some cake and then do a bit more fettling and then finish it off with a nice 16 miler! :biggrin: so a imperial century should take me about 8 or 8:30 hours in the saddle
Cheers Ed
It took me 8h11 for yesterday's 126 so 8:30 is a target for your first 100.

martint235

Dog on a bike
you have done many more centuries and long distance than me!
Cheers Ed
True. That's why it's a target. :thumbsup:

Road bike and a couple of years out with us and we'll have you down to 6 hours per century

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
This sounds a good idea....have I missed it?!
yes you have missed it, we did this ride on 9th march!
all went well so i can see it happening again some point in the not too distant future and will keep you in mind......when i have 2 running and working wheels :laughing: what bike you on?
Cheers Ed

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Well I am on a hybrid, not particularly fast - but I do go long distance. I have this route planned for tomorrow.

1979765_10153937376065693_1814030817_n.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sorry I missed it.

I wouldn't worry about a time for your first 100. Just make it a grand day out. First time I cycled that distance, was a very memorable day indeed - but I don't have a clue how long it took. More than eight and a half hours I would imagine!

A mate of mine and I went to visit my sister, who was at university in Aberystwyth. We made grand time to our halfway stop (Clun maybe, somewhere like that) so we pressed on - not considering that we were entering Wales and it was going to be lumpy. We entered Wales. It was lumpy. We got tired. It got dark, and our rubbishy lights were ... well ... rubbish. More hills. More sheep. More darkness, with sheep hiding in it. I clearly can remember coming down a long hill and seeing the lights of Aberystwyth in the distance. And being on the beach in the morning, unable to walk properly.

Top Bottom