W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I inherited my dad's stamp collection and merged it with mine, so some from the 20's & 30's and mine from the 50's & 60's. I didn't keep it up. Often wondered what it would be worth now.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Are they GB stamps? Stamps, like most other collectables vary in price according to the condition. Prices quoted in the Stanley Gibbons stamp catalogues are usually way higher than you could actually sell them for. First you need to identify your stamp, then its condition and then check Ebay and see how much that stamp fetches (NOT asking prices - just the ones that sell!).

I have some valuable stamps myself (all pre-decimal) and I've been wondering about the best place to sell them. Ebay of course is one place but I have so many it would take forever to list them!

Brandane

Legendary Member
What's wrong with philately as a hobby, you can't lick it?
To be frank, it needs to be stamped out.

I also inherited a collection of first day covers which my late father used to buy, in the false belief that they were going to be worth a fortune in the future. I just did a search on ebay for first day covers, from the 70's, completed sales only. Most asking prices for a SET of first day covers are about 50 pence, and having scrolled down the listings, I have yet to find any that actually sold or even had a bid :sad:. Thanks Dad, I know you meant well, but I'll be heading back to work in the morning! :laugh:

Top Bottom